Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

sending copies of e-mail

« windows mail | help »

Old February 2nd 08, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
sunnyface

Default sending copies of e-mail

I'm using Vista Winows Mail. Can anyone tell me if I can send e-mails and
copies to other recipricants showing their names only. My e-mails show the
name, then the full e-mail address - not good if you are forwarding, or
sending a copy. I went into "headers" for the Bcc title hoping this would
solve it, but still showing the name and address. When I was using
Incredimal, I was able to show name only. Perhaps it is not possible with
Windows Vista?
--
Sunnyface
Old February 2nd 08, 12:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

"sunnyface" somewhere in Norfolk wrote in message
I'm using Vista Winows Mail. Can anyone tell me if I can send e-mails and
copies to other recipricants showing their names only. My e-mails show
the
name, then the full e-mail address - not good if you are forwarding, or
sending a copy. I went into "headers" for the Bcc title hoping this
would
solve it, but still showing the name and address. When I was using
Incredimal, I was able to show name only. Perhaps it is not possible
with
Windows Vista?
--
Sunnyface

If you take away the address, the mail will not arrive. Windows Mail,
unlike some other email programs, does not offer the option of hiding
it without removing it. The recipient's email program, not yours,
controls whether they see it.

In the forwarded email, have you tried clicking at the end of what
you want to remove, then backspacing over it?

If you use the Bcc: line, they will get their own addresses attached
to their copy, but not the names or addresses of anyone else on
the Bcc: line.

Old February 2nd 08, 12:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mark Dormer

Even if the display only showed the name, the address would still be in the
email header, otherwise how could it be delivered

Use BCC only the person getting the mail sees the address.

Regards
Mark Dormer

Old February 2nd 08, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"sunnyface" somewhere in Norfolk wrote in message
I'm using Vista Winows Mail. Can anyone tell me if I can send e-mails and
copies to other recipricants showing their names only. My e-mails show
the
name, then the full e-mail address - not good if you are forwarding, or
sending a copy. I went into "headers" for the Bcc title hoping this
would
solve it, but still showing the name and address. When I was using
Incredimal, I was able to show name only. Perhaps it is not possible
with
Windows Vista?

How well does it get there if you put nothing but the name on regular mail?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Old February 2nd 08, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave

Some email programs hide the email address when you are composing a message.
Windows Mail won't.
Personally, I like it, as I can verify that I'm selecting the correct email
address, since many people have more than one.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old February 2nd 08, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

You are confusing what YOU as the message composer sees with
what the recipient might see. What the recipient sees is entirely
controlled by THEIR email program.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)