AIW 9800 Pro...

Old September 25th 06, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
David

Default AIW 9800 Pro...

Am using Vista 5728, ATI AIW 9800 Pro - Has anyone tested the multimedia
center(8.15) or additional software on this Vista build? What Driver is
being used?

Currently, I am using the included Vista driver from MS and they works fine,
just no additional features.

David

Old September 26th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Techno-Crat

Do not hope for support with the AIW line of cards in Vista
ATI is dropping the line as recently reported
They seem to be moving to the component card route.
This being the case it seems unfortunate but the AIW line looks to be
heading to the dust bin

Old October 6th 06, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Sir Timbit

They must be sending mixed signals. I have an All-in-Wonder x800xt and when
I emailed them about full support, they said they will release drivers for
TV, etc, once Vista was released....At least, for the newer versions of the
AIW series.

Sir_Timbit

Old October 6th 06, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
JW

The ATI WebSite still lists 4 AIW card models as still current products so
all of the product line was not discontinued in late August or in September
as rumored it would be. So I assume these are the ones that they will
provide drivers for:

http://www.ati.com/products/multimedia.html

Did the response you got say Vista Media Center compatible drivers or did
they just say Vista drivers for their MMC application.