Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta

Old February 12th 08, 08:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Peter Walter

Default Cant transfer progams with easy transfer companion beta

I have installed the WETCB to help transfer programs from an old XP PC to a
new Vista one but it is giving an error: beta only supports windows US
English. I have changed the settings on both PCs to US English in the
Language settings on the control panel and rebooted both pcs but with no
change.

Old February 12th 08, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Gary Mount

There are two types of settings for the language.
I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
options and used the administrative tab.
From there you change the system locale.
I think you only changed the display language, which doesn't quite do the
required change you need.

Old February 12th 08, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Peter Walter

Hi Gary,
This worked ok, thanks!
however I am now having all sorts of trouble with windows installer not
working - i have run the installer cleanup utility but it still wont run any
of the transfered programs....

"Gary Mount" wrote:

There are two types of settings for the language.
I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
options and used the administrative tab.
From there you change the system locale.

Old May 10th 08, 11:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Raechka

Hi! I had the same error message and tried to follow your advice. But where
you found the administrative tab? In my regional and language options there
are "regional options", "Language" and "advaced" tabs. No administrative one.
Can you explain it, please!!! Thanks in advance

"Gary Mount" wrote:

There are two types of settings for the language.
I had the same error as you until I also changed the regional and language
options and used the administrative tab.
From there you change the system locale.

Old December 3rd 08, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
EliDav

As an alternate option you can try PickMeApp - a free application for
program transfer. I am not sure how well it will work under non-English
Vista, though.

The program can be downloaded from 'Home Page | PickMeApp'
(http://www.pickmeapp.com).

Also there is a free ::Move Me application by 'Spearit Software -
Welcome to Spearit Software' (http://www.spearit.com/) for full system
transfer. ::

--
EliDav