Explorer look

Old February 13th 08, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Techrookie

Default Explorer look

When I start Explorer it shows various sub-folders for some folders but not
for all them though, i.e. all the folders under "Microsoft" for example, and
I cannot figure out how to change that so that it only shows the folders
under "Local Disk (C. I have tried just about everything but to no avail.
When I first open Explorer it always highlights "Start Menu" with its
sub-folders. I have read numerous posts and messages but couldn't find the
answer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated if I can get rid of this minor
annoyance.
Thanks a lot.
Old February 13th 08, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

Create a shortcut on your desktop to (C. Then for convenience you can drag
the shortcut to the taskbar.

Old February 15th 08, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Techrookie

Thanks but there has to be an easier way to make Explorer "behave" the way
the user wants when it first opens up.

Old February 15th 08, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Dave[_15_]

"Techrookie" wrote in message
Thanks but there has to be an easier way to make Explorer "behave" the way
the user wants when it first opens up.

Easier then dragging a folder to the desktop?

Old February 15th 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bob

The OP said, "I have tried just about EVERYTHING but to no avail"

Then he's shown a simple way to do it and he wants an easier way. Go figure.

Old February 17th 08, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Techrookie

Thanks guys; I did create the shortcut which works fine but I thought that
there might be another way to do this which was more "natural" so to speak!.
No worries.......