.Net Framework

Old March 11th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Nepatsfan

Default .Net Framework

You're welcome.

Nepatsfan

"Nancy Gray" wrote in message
Thanks so much, I am now able to open one of my programs. I guess I should
reinstall V2, maybe that will fix the last program.

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

It shouldn't. Unlike most software, the various versions of the .NET
Framework
are separate entities. What that means is that you may have a program on your
machine, such as QuickBooks, which requires version 1.1 and another which
requires version 2.0, and still another that requires version 3.0. In this
scenario, all three versions will need to be installed on your system in
order
for the various programs to work correctly.

FWIW, I've had to reinstall version 1.1 while leaving version 2.0 on the
computer and it hasn't caused any problems I've noticed.

That said, if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can always uninstall
version 3.0 before installing 1.1. If QuickBooks works, reinstalling version
3.0
may not be necessary.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

"Nancy Gray" wrote in message
Thank you for your help.

Will it cause a problem to install the 1.1 and its service pack after I ran
the v3?

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

"Nancy Gray" Nancy wrote in message
I have had recent trouble with my .Net. Specifically with QuickBooks not
opening up.

I called them, they said it was my .Net framework that was incorrect.
We
deleted it and reinstalled it.

Now, of course, I cannot open other programs - the error message is
that I
need to install one of the following: V1.1.4322 or V1.1.3705

A. WHERE are these versions available to download.
B. Is there possibly another version that will take care of this whole
mess.

I have tried to find a number to contact you people but you are very
unavailable.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

You also might want to download this file. It would also be available
through
the Windows update site.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Good luck

Nepatsfan