Microsoft Outlook 2007

Old March 15th 08, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tonym

Default Microsoft Outlook 2007

::I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for about two weeks
everything was working fine. I have not change the way I used this
program. I have used Microsoft Outlook 2002 for a few years so I had no
real problems until recently. I save many of the e-mails I receive in
either text or HTML format with no problem. When I save an e-mail now in
either text or HTML now, a folder is automatically created with the same
name I have created the e-mail I have created. The e-mail which I save
is not saved in the folder which automatically appears. What is in the
folder are three files: colorschememapping, filelist, and themedata. If
after I save the file then go back and delete the folder with the same
name as the file, both the folder and the e-mail which I saved are
deleted. I do not know what is going on. Now my computer is getting
filled up with e-mail messages I want to keep and folders that I really
do not want. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I am about
ready to pull my hair out.::

--
Tonym

Old March 15th 08, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon

"Tonym" wrote in message

[...]

Why are you not just keeping the messages you want to save in folders in
your pst file, rather than saving them individually to your HDD?

Old March 15th 08, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tonym

Thanks for your answer but it does not answer the problem.

--
Tonym

Old March 16th 08, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon

"Tonym" wrote in message

Thanks for your answer but it does not answer the problem.

Well it does, because saving all your messages OUTSIDE of Outlook is a very
inefficient way of doing it.

Old March 16th 08, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tonym

::Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to
automatically add folders to anyone’s computer. I know you feel
that you have dealt with that but with all appreciation you have not. It
does not matter how efficient you believe your way is. Again I say thank
you. But I am really looking for an answer to my question.::

--
Tonym

Old March 17th 08, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon

"Tonym" wrote in message

::Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to
automatically add folders to anyone’s computer.

It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook pst
file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside, like
you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you want
to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing so.

And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.

Old March 17th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tonym

Gordon;734997 Wrote:
"Tonym" wrote in message

::Well it doesn’t, because Outlook is not supposed to
automatically add folders to anyone’s computer.

It doesn't. This is happening because you are storing email OUTSIDE of
Outlook. Why would you want to do that in the first place? The Outlook
pst
file (where all your emails are stored unless you save them outside,
like
you are doing), is a ONE-FILE backup.I still do NOT understand WHY you
want
to store emails outside of Outlook. There is no good reason for doing
so.

And another thing, PLEASE quote the post you are replying to.

How wrong your last message is. It does not. I have been doing this the
way I have been doing it because it has worked for years. The reasoning
that you are giving is so wrong it is sad because you really don't know.
This is why I am trying to understand no matter how I have respectfully
told you thank you you have not revieved the hint that whaty you say has
nothing to do with what is wrong and you are making iot clear that you
are not getting it. I hope you finally get it you do not know how to
answer the question that was asked and you really don't know how Outlook
works. I know you think you do but you don't. Bye!!!

--
Tonym

Old March 17th 08, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon

"Tonym" wrote in message

Gordon;734997 Wrote:
"Tonym" wrote in message

[...]

You are an IDIOT.

Plonk.

Old March 17th 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Tonym

Gordon;735783 Wrote:
"Tonym" wrote in message

Gordon;734997 Wrote:
"Tonym" wrote in message

[...]

Why you would bring up your mother aloowing the coat hanger to slip
before you were birth is beyond me. but she is the Idiot. You don't even
understand what Good Bye means. Oh well

--
Tonym