Old February 14th 07, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WadeBart

Default Motorola Q

Okay I just tried that and when I plug the Q in, Vista says its found a
Microsoft Remote Device Adapter (or something of the sort) and successfully
installs the driver and that's it. WMDC never sees, the Q and when I go to
setup new Sync Partnerships, the only option I have is for offline files.
Also, I did a software update on the Q from Verizon that came out 01.05.2007.
I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I've looked in device
manager to see if I can find an unrecognized piece of hardware in there, and
nothing. I can't even find the Q in Device manager either.
BIZARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

Try this:

Unplug your device
Uninstall WDMC
Reboot
Reinstall WDMC
Reboot
While the device is still disconnected, remove all partnerships from it
Reconnect the device after the final reboot - NOT BEFORE!

This usually resolves issues where the device is not recognized when
plugging in.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"WadeBart" wrote in message
I am, however, Vista is not recognizing it being plugged in when I have it
connected with the USB cable.

"Rock" wrote:

"WadeBart" wrote

Anyone having issues with Vista (Business Edition) recognizing the
Motorola Q?

Are you using the latest WMDC?
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]