Old February 15th 07, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George Gray

Default CHIC eHome Infrared Transceiver

I believe that Vista 'sees' this as a mouse...I just got about 11 updates
(mostly for Office) and one of them was a recommended update to the CHIC
'mouse'. Took me a moment to figure out that it was eHome IR device. I
remember seeing that in the RC1 version of Vista as well. If you are
hesitant, set a restore point and then install the update.

"Action" wrote in message
I am moving a current MCE 2005 system to Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I am
connecting the eHome USB Infrared Transceiver to the Vista machine. When
visit the Windows Update site, it suggests that the CHIC mouse needs to be
updated. However, this device is actually the CHIC eHome Transceiver, not
mouse. Additionally the device driver update for identified device will
not
actually update, it fails every time. Does MS have an updated device
driver
for this transceiver? Wouldn't it be appropriate to have the update site
correctly identify this MS hardware and provide an appropriate driver for
it?