Old February 15th 07, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Price

Default CHIC eHome Infrared Transceiver

I got the same message about the CHIC mouse and mistakenly let it install.
After I did that then any time I connected another mouse the installation
would fail and I would have to manually install the drivers.

I got rid of it and have now set the update to be "ignored"

"Action" wrote in message
I am moving a current MCE 2005 system to Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I am
connecting the eHome USB Infrared Transceiver to the Vista machine. When
visit the Windows Update site, it suggests that the CHIC mouse needs to be
updated. However, this device is actually the CHIC eHome Transceiver, not
mouse. Additionally the device driver update for identified device will
not
actually update, it fails every time. Does MS have an updated device
driver
for this transceiver? Wouldn't it be appropriate to have the update site
correctly identify this MS hardware and provide an appropriate driver for
it?