Old February 15th 07, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JustABloke

Default HCL

What is the point of a HCL that contains incorrect information?

I purchased a network card based upon the information contained within the
HCL, it simply doesn't work. I've not been able to find any kind of network
card wired or wireless that works.

Microsoft and all the various hardware vendors simply shrug their shoulders
and I am left with the best part of £1000 worth of computer that is
essentially useless to me.
I can't allow Vista itself to see if updated drivers are available for my
cards because I can't get online and there's no way to check for undated
drivers available from microsoft without connecting using your Vista client.
DLINK categorically state there are no 64 bit drivers available for any of
their products as yet. The HCL clearly identifies DWL- G510 as being
compatible.
Yet another quality product launch from M$.

I am absolutely furious about this.
So I'll wear the cost of my useless op sys but I'm gonna uninstall it
(It'll turn itself off soon anyway because I can't activate it) and it'll
gather dust. When XP is no longer supported I'll switch to Linux.

Nice one Bill ;-)