You need permission to perform this action !!!!

Old November 27th 06, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jimmy Brush

Default You need permission to perform this action !!!!

The permissions look good - they give you, administrators, and the system
full control over the folder and any subfolder and files that are created
inside the folder.

Maybe the problem is with the SOURCE files and not the destination? Have you
tried copying a file from the desktop to this location?

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Old November 27th 06, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
PierreDa

As you said, when I check the permission settings, I have full rights on
everything.

Yes, I have try to copy a file from an other directory and paste it ... same
message.
Strange ...
An other example is if I try to install "flash player".
The program decompress the files he need and when he begin to install the
installer said that he cannot find some files from the directory where he has
decompress everything !!

Again, I can "paste" in all the directories "USERS" but not his one (I
haven't try all ...).

regards

Thanks

Pierre

Old November 27th 06, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Gerry Hickman

Hi PierreDa,

Are you able to paste files into each of thses?

Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local
Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla
Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\
Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\ profiles

NO ... "You need permission to perform this action" !!

Are you saying you are unable to paste ANY file into EACH of the folders
above? Did you try all the folders I listed?

I'm a bit confused about the \Me.domainName\ part of the path? Is this
the normal naming convention in Vista, are you on a domain? I ask
because the only time you would end up with folders of that name under
Win2k was if something had gone wrong with the loading of the profile.
Usually the profile would be called something like

\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Mozilla

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)
Old November 28th 06, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
PierreDa

Hi,

Are you able to paste files into each of thses?

Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local

YES !

Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla

NO ! "You need permission ...". UAC is enabled and I answer "Yes" when
asking to continue ans give "administrator privileges" ...

Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\

NO ! Idem

Users\Me.domainName\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\ profiles

NO ! Idem

Are you saying you are unable to paste ANY file

I create a new file to test again.

into EACH of the folders above? Did you try all the folders I listed?

See above for answers

I'm a bit confused about the \Me.domainName\ part of the path? Is this
the normal naming convention in Vista, are you on a domain?

Yes I'm on a domain, and I don"t know if it is the "normal naming" ... I
guess Yes !
Local profile is for instance "Users\MyUserName" and domain profile
"Users\MyUserName.DomainName".
I had always that in Vista.

Thanks

Pierre
Old April 23rd 09, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
cwkim

If you have anti-virus software, try disabling/uninstalling it.

--
cwkim
cwkim's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/93018.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 23rd 09, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
MowGreen

cwkim wrote:

If you have anti-virus software, try disabling/uninstalling it.

To whom are you addressing this to ? This is a perfect example of
websites pulling posts from the MS newsgroups and then spitting them
back with absolutely nothing to contribute.
It would be *wonderful* if MS stopped allowing these web-based forums
from doing so.

" If your car doesn't start, fill the fuel tank "

Did the above fix the issue with your car ?
[ ] Yes [ ]No

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
Old April 24th 09, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Gordon[_9_]

"MowGreen" wrote in message
cwkim wrote:

If you have anti-virus software, try disabling/uninstalling it.

To whom are you addressing this to ? This is a perfect example of websites
pulling posts from the MS newsgroups and then spitting them back with
absolutely nothing to contribute.
It would be *wonderful* if MS stopped allowing these web-based forums from
doing so.

Hear Hear!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old December 6th 09, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
haker1glitch

hmmm.
i would say that you need to make yourself the owner of the mozilla
folders. One annoying thing about vista is that while users have most
rights to folders, the super-system account owns them and thus has all
permissions. I had a similar problem with my own documents folder.

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/

haker1glitch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161594.htm

Old December 6th 09, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
FromTheRafters[_3_]

"haker1glitch" wrote in message

hxxp://forums.techarena.in ==== Munged to protect the innocent.

Danger, there is evidence that going to this site makes you stupid.

Stay tuned as more evidence is to follow...