Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Disk Keeper no longer supported at this time

Old October 3rd 06, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Peter

Default Disk Keeper no longer supported at this time

Sorry I posted in haste. I meant Raxco's Perfect Disk 8 on my machinje
anyway, refused to do the boot time defrag. I emailed Raxco and they
emailed me the instructions and a patch.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Rock" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote

There was a problem with boot-time "Safe Mode" (as they call it) defrag.
A registry fix is available from Raxco for that.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Beta
P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

"Rock" wrote in message
"Christopher Smith" wrote

Check out Perfect Disk. Free trial for Vista version works perfectly
Chris Smith
"Jim McCree" wrote

Disk Keeper is no longer support with RC1........He is Disk Keepers
response to my email to there Tech Support about this.....

Diskeeper currently only provides support for the Windows Vista CTP
builds 5381 and 5384 with a free public beta, which can be download
from our website. The regular purchase versions of Diskeeper cannot
be run on Vista, only the beta version made for Vista will work.
Vista Builds other than 5381 or 5384 cannot run Diskeeper.

When the full version of Vista becomes available, Diskeeper will have
a version that will be compatible with it.

The Diskeeper Technical Support Team takes considerable pride in
helping you resolve problems or questions you might have with our
software. Tech support tickets remain open until we hear back from you
that the solution you were provided worked. You can help us by keeping
us informed about how things are going.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
David An
Tech Support

ALL drives fragment and slow your computer down; Handle it with
Diskeeper!

Diskeeper Corporation
7590 N. Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
www.diskeeper.com http://www.diskeeper.com/

One person reported significant problems using the boot time defrag in
Perfect Disk causing them to have to restore the system. Remember it's
beta software too.

Can you clarify what you have posted? What do you mean, "was a problem"?
Has it been fixed? Is it not a problem in the latest release? Who should
install this registry fix?

--

Rock [ MVP User/Shell]

Old October 3rd 06, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rock

"Peter" wrote

Sorry I posted in haste. I meant Raxco's Perfect Disk 8 on my machinje
anyway, refused to do the boot time defrag. I emailed Raxco and they
emailed me the instructions and a patch.

"Rock" wrote

[...]

Thanks for the update.

--

Rock [ MVP User/Shell]

Old October 4th 06, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Marty Felker

Just a question. Are you running Vista 32bit or 64bit. Raxco has a beta
version (free of course) for the 32 bit version of Vista but not the 64bit.

Marty Felker
"Peter" wrote

Old October 4th 06, 06:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rock

"Marty Felker" wrote

[...]

Sorry should have specified I'm running the x86 version.

--

Rock [ MVP User/Shell]

Old October 6th 06, 12:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Telstar

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:10:10 -0400, "Peter" ex-brit AT rogers DOT com
wrote:

Sorry I posted in haste. I meant Raxco's Perfect Disk 8 on my machinje
anyway, refused to do the boot time defrag. I emailed Raxco and they
emailed me the instructions and a patch.

Uhm Raxco support has been much worse with me. They gave flacky
explanations and didnt provide with an answer.

IIRC, you could not perform boot time defrag, but the system could
boot, no bsod, right?
Old October 6th 06, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Peter

Correct

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

Old October 9th 06, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Larry

I run diskeeper from my xp partition on the window vista partition and it
defrags fine with no problems.

Old October 9th 06, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Peter

That has always been a good alternative method.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada