Linksys PCI Adapter with SRX WMP54GX no driver available

Old April 13th 08, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LzB

Default Linksys PCI Adapter with SRX WMP54GX no driver available

Well here it is months later, and now here I am needing to do the same thing.
So, I did a search and yep, that driver can be installed using Windows
Update. Course Vista doesn't include a way to get on a network with no
network installed. Worse yet, I have been searching for the driver for 30
minutes and this is the closest I have come to it, and therefore I will mark
this post as helpful since this is probably all I will get out of my little
trek here.

BTW, I don't blame Linksys for this, I blame Microsoft. It's obvious that
they are doing one of two things he A) Lying about the fact that they have
the driver or B) Too ignorant to actually make the drivers available in a
reachable location.

My solution will be to return the machine to Gateway, and explain to them
why. Maybe they can fix the issue.

"PiperPilot" wrote:

"Zackary ditner" wrote:

I have the same situation, there is no working driver, and it appears that
the chipset on the card is not used in any other device that might have a
driver that would work. I'm extremely disapointed in cisco for this, i have
sent them an email expressing this, i was told by linksys tech support they
do not support 64 bit o/s either xp 64 or vista 64 and do not know when they
might. Maybe microsoft will come to the rescue and make one, or if enough
people complain to linksys/cisco something will happen, in the mean time,
i've got an expensive wireless adapter i can't use in anything but 32 bit
windows on my 64 processor. lol

"Dunc" wrote:

I am using the 64bit version of Vista Beta 2, and need a network card driver
for the Linksys PCI Adapter with SRX WMP54GX. I checked the manufacturers
website
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...=1122062238277
and no joy. I tried the vista upgrade advisor, and it said "Get driver
from Microsoft Update". Where exactly should I be looking (bear in mind I
can't connect to the internet from my Vista client)? I did some internet
searches for the driver, but only found a link about someone else with the
same issues.