Problem installing printer

Old April 28th 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
alokyadav12

Default Problem installing printer

Hi,
i had Vista X86 ultimate installed on my system, i have HP 6l gold
printer, when i pulg in the wire it does not install the drivers and HP
now not providing support for this printer. earlier when i m using XP
there is no problem with drivers, XP install them automatically but in
case of vista im facing problem.
No driver support and i am also not able to add printer, i dont get the
place to add printer like in other version i had check all the settings
in control panel but i dont get the printer link or wizard to add
printer manually.

Please help me to use my printer.

--
alokyadav12
Old April 28th 08, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_]

Open your Control Panel and click on the "Add Hardware" icon*.
The "Add Hardware Wizard" will appear.

1. Click on Next and place a dot next to "Yes, I have alrea*dy connected the hardware".
2. Click Next and scroll all the way down to "Add a new har*dware device".
3. Click once to highlight it and click Next.
4. Place a dot next to "Install the hardware that I manuall*y select from a list (Advanced)".
5. Click Next and scroll down to "Printers", click once to *highlight and click Next.
6. Place a dot next to "Use the following port" and click N*ext.
7. In the "Install Printer Software Screen", on the left si*de scroll down to "HP"
and click once to highlight, then in the right-side scr*oll down to
"HP LaserJet 6L", click on it to highlight, then *click Next to install the software.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Old April 29th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
alokyadav12

hi,
thanks for reply. I have seen this problem first time. when i try to
add my printer by using add hardware from control panel it is not
showing me the printer to select and all the other devices are there
except printer and also not able to look where the printer settings in
control panel.
i had checked every thing but i dont see any thing to install the
printer.
1. i dont get the printer in add hardware wizard
2. i dont see any link to printer in control panel as i seen in XP.
3. when i turn my start menu to classic i can able to see the printers
folder but not able to add printer.

i had tried every thing
plz solve my problem thanks :cry:

--
alokyadav12
Old April 29th 08, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
alokyadav12

Hi,
i have check on all the internet resorces for installing the driver
and come to know that my vista does not have a dlls or service which is
required for adding printer.
please help me to get rid of this problem.

--
alokyadav12
Old April 29th 08, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_]

While your HP printer is connected to your computer
and turned on:

Visit the Windows Update web site and click on
"Check for updates". After the scan is complete,
click on "View available updates". Hopefully,
a driver for your HP printer will be offered.

Old April 30th 08, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
alokyadav12

Hi,
thanks for quick reply. i checked it when i try to install drivers
by using ad new hardware wizard there i select let me choose device, but
in the list of device there i dont see the printer device to install
drivers for printers.
for eg there is a list of available devices like display,network
adapters, etc. but there is no printer there, and also i dont see the
link printers as it is in XP which shows the installed printers and from
where we can also install printers.
and i also dont have the printui.dll which is required to install
printers. and no spooler file which starts the printer service.
plz tell me how do i get this service running. i checked windows update
site but i dont get any update regarding this problem. i also downloaded
so many hotfixes and latest drivers for HP 6l gold printer.

--
alokyadav12
Old April 30th 08, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_]

Changes to a printer's device configuration are not applied until the computer restarts or the Print Spooler service restarts in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933454/en-us

Old May 1st 08, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
alokyadav12

i have done restarting many times but no use, i dont have print spooler
service in my services.msc and i installed this hotfix but of no use.

--
alokyadav12
Old May 16th 08, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Melears

I have the same problem and can't seem to be able to get the printer working
using Vista no matter what I do.