Cannot write to drive "Media is write protected"

Old January 27th 09, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
1suisse

Default Cannot write to drive "Media is write protected"

hello. i've got the same problem with vista 64 bits. here is my thread
in french:
http://www.libellules.ch/phpBB2/vist...ne-t31121.html

--
1suisse
1suisse's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/1suisse.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 18th 09, 12:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vespera[_2_]

Here is a very nice explanation for your problem's solution. Have a look
: http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1125123.htm
All the best...!!

--
Vespera
Vespera's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/vespera.htm

Old November 12th 09, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
compaid

the fix is relatively simple, use this if you are the only user of the
pc as it removes all the user login, but it fixes the write protect
problem in 2 mins.

Although UAC clearly improves the security on Windows Vista, under some
scenarios you might want to disable it, for example when giving demos in
front of an audience (demos that are not security related, for example).
Some home users might be tempted to disable UAC because of the
additional mouse clicking it brings into their system, however I urge
them not to immediately do so, and try to get used to it instead.

Anyway, if required, you can disable UAC by using one of the following
methods:

Method #1 - Using MSCONFIG
Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click
on that line.

Press the Launch button.
A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the
window.
Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.
You can re-enable UAC by selecting the "Enable UAC" line and then
clicking on the Launch button.

--
compaid
compaid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154189.htm