Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working

Old May 20th 08, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Grandaddio

Default Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working

Hi,

I've been printing from various apps without any problems since I
purchased my PC in January. I started getting the error message "
Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working" last
Friday. It happens when I open Word 2007, and when I try to print in any
other app including Notepad.

My OS is Vista 64 Home Premium with SP1. My printer is an Epson DX5050
and I have re-installed the latest drivers from Epson.

The only changes I am aware of are various automatic updates which came
out last week including Office 2007 SP1.

I have tried a restore prior to last weeks updates but no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Grandaddio

--
Grandaddio

Old May 28th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Wgenske

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 and had no problems at all for many
months. Last week I started having the same problem when trying to open
any Microsoft Office program or print using any printer. Printers
include HP Deskjet 1280, HP Designjet 100 and Epson Stylus DX3800. Any
help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

--
Wgenske
Old May 31st 08, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

If youi use System Restore to go back to before the issues started, do they
disappear? What have you installed/uninstalled since that point when the
issues started?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old May 31st 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Wgenske

'www.coribright.com/windows' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)

"Wgenske" wrote in message

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 and had no problems at all for many
months. Last week I started having the same problem when trying to

open
any Microsoft Office program or print using any printer. Printers
include HP Deskjet 1280, HP Designjet 100 and Epson Stylus DX3800.

Any
help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

--
Wgenske [/quot

Since I submitted this, I have found very simple and straightforward
solution. I uninstalled all my printers and rebooted. All drivers
reinstalled upon reboot and all is working perfectly now. No more
errors!

--
Wgenske
Old June 2nd 08, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Grandaddio[_2_]

Hi,
I tried uninstalling the printer and rebooting, and reinstalling the
latest drivers but still had the error! Restored the system to well
before the offending updates, still no change. I've since found this

'Vista SP1 x64 - Spooler subsystem app has stopped working - Here's the
Fix - TechNet Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/53eoou)

and that has fixed the problem for me.

Thanks
Grandaddio

--
Grandaddio

Old June 16th 08, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Greg

Having the same problem on Vista Business 64 using Office 2007 and Project
2007.
It's pretty sad Office 2007/Project 2007 and Vista -- all MS programs --
can't print to a networked HP LJ 4000n.

I certainly hope someone gets this working.

In case it matters:
Lenovo T61p, Vista Business 64, Office 2007, Visio 2007, Project 2007 - all
updates applied. Printing fails to both Savin C4540 and HP LJ4000n.