Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2

Old December 15th 08, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Smoke

Default Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2

This worked for me. Go to My Computer Local Disk C: Users Your Personal
User Account Name (Mine is Smoke) Right Click on your personal user
account name select "Properties" and left click on it then make sure
"read only" and "hidden files" boxes are unticked then apply when Windows
refuses, select "ignore all" and apply again. It took about 1.5 minutes to
apply this to all subfolders on my system Then I had Windows Mail back and
fully functional. Hope it works for you too. : )

Peace,
smoke

"Lodor" wrote:

After downloading Service Pack 1 I get the following error messages:

"Windows Mail could not be started. the application was unable to open
the windows message store. your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently
being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the
program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail
again. 0x800c015,2

When I click OK I then get:

"Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
initialized"

I am using Windows Live One Care Virus software and turning it off
makes no difference.

I did have problems installing Service Pack 1, had to reinstall the
Vista UPGRADE over Vista before SP 1 would install - maybe this is the
problem.

Any ideas or solutions welcome ???

--
Lodor

Old December 28th 08, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
benneyb[_2_]

Gary,

I'm having the same issue, and I know in other threads you've pointed
to McAfee as being a potential issue.

I was able to get Mail running in the affected user account my running
as an administrator, another tip I've seen. However, we have another
problem where it seems like Mail is retrieving new messages from the
server, but they never appear in the Inbox and hence are never actually
"received". They do appear in Comcast's (our provider) Webmail
application - at least until Send/Receive is clicked in the Mail app.

My question is can installing Live Mail "fix" or avoid potential
corruption or other exiting issues with Windows Mail?

I should note that creating another user account and setting up the
email account in Mail in the new user account works fine, so far.

Thanks in advance.

Gary VanderMolen;730858 Wrote:
You're problem with Windows Mail was rather unusual, with no
ready solution at hand, which is why I advised you to switch to
Windows Live Mail.

I am not aware of any particular Windows Mail problem associated
with downloading SP1, or why you needed to upgrade Vista before
downloading SP1.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

"Lodor" wrote in message

Thank you both, Gary and Robert for your advice on a possible

solution
to my problem.

I appreciate the option you have suggested to change to Windows Live
Mail. However, I would also like to get to the bottom of the problem

am having as a result of either:

1. Downloading Vista SP 1

and/or

2. Having to first upgrade my Vista upgrade to download SP1.

Is there a solution to my problem to get back my Vista Mail, then to
have the option to switch to Live Mail?

Most grateful for your reply.

--
Lodor

--
benneyb
Old December 29th 08, 07:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

If you are continuing to use McAfee with Windows Mail, you can
expect the new user account to get corrupted sooner or later.

The Windows Live Mail installer is able to import even from a
corrupted Windows Mail. Windows Live Mail is more robust than
Windows Mail.

To get the released version (November 2007) of WLM:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
or the latest beta, which is even better:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Old December 30th 08, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
benneyb[_2_]

Bump - any help?

--
benneyb
Old December 30th 08, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I responded to your post some 20 hours ago.
Do not use "bump" in newsgroups.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"benneyb" wrote in message ...

Bump - any help?

--
benneyb

Old February 5th 09, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Qian Han

Thank you very much. Your answer is realy helpful.

"teranian" wrote:

teranianProblem Solved!
I was having problem for days, with Home Premium vista Windows Mail
error 0X800C0155, 2
and ( I run Ultimate as well, no problem there yet)

1)Try running from Widows Mail from Start button in 2)All programs ,
right click to get properties .
3) Open properties and Click Shortcut .
4)At right lower down click Avance .
5) In small page Check " Run as Aministrator " click OK.
6) next right at bottom click " Apply" ;
7) Click in All programs on Windows Mail , and it should work.

8) Out of Windows Mail in All programs " create shortcut " ( that wil
be wil run Windows Mail as Administrator.

Ps: It woked fo me... thank you . Just trying to help.
teranian

--
teranian

Old May 13th 10, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Davy Ravenhorst

Lodor, I am also getting the same problem/error you got but I don't use
Windows Live Mail, nor does using this does me no good. And I am using McAfee
SecurityCenter which has no effect. I think I may have done something wrong
(like, change the Security properties of the Windows Mail folder (C:/Program
Files/Windows Mail), so that Windows thinks that someone else is using
Windows Mail. But I don't have any other users other than me. I am the sole
user and owner of the computer Windows Mail is installed on. I am using
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Service Pack 2, as my OS. What could be
causing Windows Mail to not start up? Please help!!

Old May 13th 10, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

What makes you think your McAfee program has "no effect"?

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Old May 13th 10, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Davy Ravenhorst

I know McAfee SecurityCenter has "no effect" on Windows Mail because I had
Windows Mail installed on Windows Vista ever since I bought this computer
from DELL (May 1 2007), and Windows Mail and McAfee SecurityCenter has not
been interfering with each other (that is, I had no problems running the two).

.