Device Monitor Appliaction

Old July 6th 08, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

Default Device Monitor Appliaction

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

Did you notice the left panel though? 'What others are buying' and brands
like Toshiba are also listed. Made wonder. It looks more like an outlet
for refurbs to me.

Never looked. Just wanted to show off my IP-tracking expertise :-)

I'll let the secret out:

Get the poster's IP from the message headers and plug it into:

http://geotool.servehttp.com/

Oh, I already knew he was in the uk. But when you go to the site I linked I
think you will agree that this does not look like a manufaturer's site.
That's why I asked him for a url. I didn't think I had the right one but I
could not Google anything else that sounded right. If you have the time,
take a quick look at http://www.advent.co.uk/ and you'll see where I was
going with my question to the OP.

I went to take a look right after posting about Geotool.

It may not look like a mfr site, but if it isn't... who makes "Advent"
computers?

There is an American site "adventcomputers.com" but they aren't
affiliated with the UK outfit.

Old July 6th 08, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

"Nonny" wrote in message
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

[...]

The branding on the site is Advent but what is the corporation who makes the
computers? Also there is no search function to find a model and there are
no support facilities. There is advice on what users who also looked bought
but some of the items aren't even Advents. If this is the mfg's site,
support does not look promising. It looks pretty seat-of-the-pants if it is
the mfg.

Old July 6th 08, 04:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

[...]

The advent.co.uk site has "Curry's" at the top.

Check this out (it also has support info for Advent Computers):

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/advidx.htm

Old July 6th 08, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

The advent.co.uk site has "Curry's" at the top.

Check this out (it also has support info for Advent Computers):

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/advidx.htm

Oh now isn't that just ducky!

Old July 6th 08, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

"aga151" wrote in message
Hi Colin,
Sorry about that Colin,it's an Advent 7113,Intel Celeron M430
1.73 GHz
The Device Monitor error opens soon after windows opens.

regards
aga

Nonny came up with the advent user's forum and a page giving other support
links.

Forum: http://www.w00tw00t.co.uk/support/

Support info: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/advidx.htm

See what they know about Device Monitor.

Old July 6th 08, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

The advent.co.uk site has "Curry's" at the top.

Check this out (it also has support info for Advent Computers):

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/advidx.htm

Oh now isn't that just ducky!

"ducky"?

Must be a term that was popular way before my time ;-
Old July 7th 08, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

"Nonny" wrote in message
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

The advent.co.uk site has "Curry's" at the top.

Check this out (it also has support info for Advent Computers):

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/advidx.htm

Oh now isn't that just ducky!

"ducky"?

Must be a term that was popular way before my time ;-

Its a colloqialism like "Ain't that just great!" Ducky = just fine.
Sarcasm.

Old July 8th 08, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
aga151

Hi Colin,
Found the problem,it's the sodding Lexmark printer I have had
major problems with the cursed thing so I uninstalled it and the problem has
gone,except that the Lexmark Fax Solutions will not allow me to
uninstall,there's an error message that reads:
You do not have access to uninstall Lexmark Fax Solutions

Any ideas on how to get around this!!

regards

aga

Old July 9th 08, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

"aga151" wrote in message
Hi Colin,
Found the problem,it's the sodding Lexmark printer I have had
major problems with the cursed thing so I uninstalled it and the problem
has
gone,except that the Lexmark Fax Solutions will not allow me to
uninstall,there's an error message that reads:
You do not have access to uninstall Lexmark Fax Solutions

Any ideas on how to get around this!!

regards

aga

You can try uninstalling from an elevated command window. Click on the
start orb and type CMD in the Start/Search box BUT do not hit Enter.
Instead right click on the cmd icon at the top of the menu stack and choose
Run As Administrator. Then type APPWIZ.CPL at the prompt and hit Enter.
That will run the Uninstall a Program with elevated permissions. As long as
you can find the program in the list you should not have the access problem.