Old February 26th 07, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Giselle

Default Blocked Email Attachments

Frank

The email text appears as normal but there is no paper-clip icon to indicate
an attachment even though I know one was attached & sent. I can send emails
with attachments OK so it is only incoming attachments that do not appear.

I'll ask my incoming email people if it could be their server.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by no email attachments coming through. Windows
Mail will download any attachment. If they are not downloading then
something besides Windows Mail is blocking them. It is possible for an ISP
to do this but more often it is an anti-virus scanning email. If the
attachment is downloading but not opening, can you save it to your hard
drive and optn it from there?

"Giselle" wrote in message
Frank, as it happens, this option was already un-checked as the default on
my
laptop, so no progress there.

It seems to me that Windows Mail + Vista Home Premium maybe just does not
work?

Maybe I'd be better biting the bullet and seeing if I can afford to buy
Office Standard 2007 and getting Outlook and moving from the installed
Works8.5 software too?

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"Giselle" wrote in message
I've had Norton Un-installed & pc re-booted, but my problem persists:
no
email attachments coming through.

Back to Tools | Options | Security
Uncheck "Block images and other external content in HTML messages", but
be
aware that this compromises you privacy.