Old February 26th 07, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Giselle

Default Blocked Email Attachments

Frank, the message says it is 2114Kb which must include the attachment, so
looking into the message further like you suggested I can see a load of
'nonesense' text. Also, my husband has gone onto the account in Orange (ISP)
and the test attachment he sent to me is there but as a "winmail.dat" rather
than NAME.doc. Sounds like we are getting somewhere?

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"Giselle" wrote in message
Frank, I got my husband to use my email account on his laptop (MS XP /
Outlook) and the test email came through with the attachment included i.e.
it
worked normally. Meanwhhile, I've put a note out to my email host company
like you suggested.

While viewing such a message hold down the Ctrl key and press F3. Is the
attachment there after the message?

While viewing the message press File | Properties. How big is the message?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com