Old February 26th 07, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jim

Default Blocked Email Attachments

Giselle/Frank--I seem to be having the exact same problem. I'm getting some
emails coming through with attachments and others just come through without
(even though I know they had an attachment). I had my client cc my wife's
laptop and resend and she recieved the attachment and I didn't. But...my
wife then forwarded that message to me and the attachment came through. I
too just bought a new pc with Vista and Windows mail. I think it's strange
to be having the exact same issue. I've turned off the security settings and
McAfee Security for the email, which came with it, but am still concerned
that that isn't the issue, since it allowed the attachment one time but not
in an earlier email.

"Giselle" wrote:

Frank, the message says it is 2114Kb which must include the attachment, so
looking into the message further like you suggested I can see a load of
'nonesense' text. Also, my husband has gone onto the account in Orange (ISP)
and the test attachment he sent to me is there but as a "winmail.dat" rather
than NAME.doc. Sounds like we are getting somewhere?

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"Giselle" wrote in message
Frank, I got my husband to use my email account on his laptop (MS XP /
Outlook) and the test email came through with the attachment included i.e.
it
worked normally. Meanwhhile, I've put a note out to my email host company
like you suggested.

While viewing such a message hold down the Ctrl key and press F3. Is the
attachment there after the message?

While viewing the message press File | Properties. How big is the message?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com