Old February 27th 07, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Default Blocked Email Attachments

"Giselle" wrote in message
Frank, the message says it is 2114Kb which must include the attachment, so
looking into the message further like you suggested I can see a load of
'nonesense' text. Also, my husband has gone onto the account in Orange
(ISP)
and the test attachment he sent to me is there but as a "winmail.dat"
rather
than NAME.doc. Sounds like we are getting somewhere?

Aha!!!

I would bet money that the message was sent from Outlook (not Outlook
Express) using Outlook's RTF format. WinMail will never be able to find the
attachment. Ask the sender to please send it again using Plain Text instead
of RTF. If they're on a corporate network the network's Exchange Server
might still change it to RTF and WinMail won't be able to handle it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com