Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

vista password

Old August 4th 08, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
jenni117

Default vista password

My son recently purchased a used computer from a moving sale. He didn't
get any software with the computer, (bad mistake) and unable to log on
due to prior owner's user account/password. He went back to where he
purchased, but was not able to get the original software or speak with
the prior owner, (owner already moved). What do we do now?

--
jenni117

Old August 4th 08, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
oscar

Talk to the seller's realtor, friend or neighbor (somebody has to know where
he moved to) and contact the owner.

Or buy a copy of Vista Home Premium and install it. Google for instructions
to install without original password if such instructions don't come with
Vista discs. If you do reinstall Vista, that HD needs be erased and
reformatted to get rid of any possible virusses, bad software, or other
unpleasant surprises. You should be able to get some other possible ideas on
Google or Yahoo. But without the administrator password, there is no
workaround to getting into that computer's HD.

--
oscar

"Right click is a good friend..."

Old August 4th 08, 05:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Paul Montgomery

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:33:35 -0500, "oscar"
wrote:

Or buy a copy of Vista Home Premium and install it.

Very bad advice.

If you can't figure out why, let me know and I'll give you several
obvious reasons.
Old August 4th 08, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mick Murphy

Take no notice of that montgomery; that is his 3rd alias here.

Carefully read the instructions at the above link on how to use.
Download the ISO file, and make a Bootable CD from it.
Reboot computer with it, follow instructions for lost password.

Also, here is link for ISO software to make a Bootable disk.
Choose version v3 for Vista.
Download and install it.
Then right-click on the downloaded ISO file, and make a Boot CD.

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Old August 4th 08, 09:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Richard G. Harper

You would need to contact the computer manufacturer and ask if it's possible
to get a set of restore or recovery discs - then use them and wipe the
computer completely clean and start all over again.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old August 4th 08, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Paul Montgomery[_2_]

On Aug 4, 12:51*am, Mick Murphy
wrote:

Take no notice of that montgomery; that is his 3rd alias here.

It's my true name you drunken old codger. You get a woody stalking
people online do you? It's probably the ONLY way you get one.
Old August 5th 08, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Bruce Chambers

jenni117 wrote:
My son recently purchased a used computer from a moving sale. He didn't
get any software with the computer, (bad mistake) and unable to log on
due to prior owner's user account/password. He went back to where he
purchased, but was not able to get the original software or speak with
the prior owner, (owner already moved). What do we do now?

Buy the and install operating system and software that you need to use
the computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Old August 5th 08, 05:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Mick Murphy

He is a sicko. Below are his aliases.
BEWARE of him!

He uses Paul Montgomery nonnymooseBarney Fife.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia