MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER

Old August 23rd 08, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

Default MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER

In other words "*publish*" your movie to your hard drive. Hope this
points you in the right direction, Greg.
Don't give up you are so close, report back and we will keep trying to
assist you.

--
dbknox
Old August 23rd 08, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
LDM

Hi John,
I just same across this post. Had been using newsgroups via my isp. But now
it seem like they changed something where I may see posts, but not reply.
Anyway I have a similar situatio to Greg, and wonder if your suggestions
would apply to me as well.
I have a Vista Bus. machine. I creattd a wmv im Movie Maker. Since it is
part of Bus Ed. it doesn't have the DVD publish option. I tired the 2 progs.
packaged w/the machine. Neither work. Cyberlink (I think is 1 of them) only
lets me create a Data DVD. I also want to play this movie on a stanalone dvd
player.
I was also wondering if d/l ing Win DVD Maker would be a valid option under
Bus. Ed. Thanks.

"John Inzer" wrote:

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
As I mentioned in my last message, I did create a file in media
player which does play on my pc correctly, however, my aim is to
create a DVD that I can play on my DVD player connected to my TV.

==============================
Ok...I did not understand that you had
a completed .wmv movie file.

Using your .wmv file...the following free
software should help you create a DVD
that will play in your free standing DVD
player.

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

Good luck.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 24th 08, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

LDM wrote:
Hi John,
I just same across this post. Had been using newsgroups via my isp.
But now it seem like they changed something where I may see posts,
but not reply. Anyway I have a similar situatio to Greg, and wonder
if your suggestions would apply to me as well.
I have a Vista Bus. machine. I creattd a wmv im Movie Maker. Since it
is part of Bus Ed. it doesn't have the DVD publish option. I tired
the 2 progs. packaged w/the machine. Neither work. Cyberlink (I think
is 1 of them) only lets me create a Data DVD. I also want to play
this movie on a stanalone dvd player.
I was also wondering if d/l ing Win DVD Maker would be a valid option
under Bus. Ed. Thanks.

=======================================
Maybe DVD Flick would be worth a try...good luck...

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

To create a basic Video DVD that should play in a free
standing DVD player...try the following...

Good luck.

First...read the DVD Flick Guide to familiarize yourself
with the program.

Open DVD Flick and insert a blank DVD in your burner.

If your computer's Autoplay window opens....just close it.

Click the Project Settings button and go to...Video /
Target format...residents of USA...choose...NTSC /
Accept.

Left click the Add title button and browse to your
Movie Clips and select the ones you want on the DVD.

You can arrange them by selecting one and then use
the Move Up and Move Down buttons.

Left click the Create DVD button / OK / Yes / Yes.

Wait while the DVD is created.

When the text "Finished Successfully" appears you
may close DVD Flick. Now you can eject your DVD
and play it in your DVD player.

At some point you may wish to purchase more
advanced software like Nero, Roxio, Ulead, etc...but
at least this is a start.

More info:

DVD Flick Tutorial
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videogu...ick-guide.html

Burn Any PC Video Format into DVD
http://www.freevideoworkshop.com/dvdflicktutorial.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 24th 08, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GREG THOMAS 07

I did create a movie file to my hard drive and when I tried to use it in DVD
Flick it said that there was no usable video in file. So where do I go from
here?
--
GREG THOMAS 07

Old August 24th 08, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
I did create a movie file to my hard drive and when I tried to use it
in DVD Flick it said that there was no usable video in file. So
where do I go from here?

=============================
What format is the file saved in?

Try publishing the movie in the DV-AVI
format and try it in DVD Flick.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 25th 08, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GREG THOMAS 07

I created a file in movie maker with transitions and music which is 17.5
mins. in duration. I followed the save procedure and saved it to my computer
as a DV-AVI (PAL) File (I also tried saving as a NTSC file) in both cases the
estimated save time was in excess of 5 hrs. and still counting. What is
going on?
--
GREG THOMAS 07

Old August 25th 08, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

I HAVE 140 SLIDES WITH MUSIC THAT I WANT TO BURN A DVD THAT I CAN PLAY
ON MY
DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV. WHEN I AM ABOUT TO BURN MY DVD, I FIND
IN THE
PREVIEW THAT ONLY ABOUT 8 PICTURES ARE INCLUDED. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY
ARE
DROPPING OUT. ALL 140 WERE REVIEWED PRIOR TO PUBLISHING MOVIE. THE
DVD-R
HAS 4.7 GB OF MEMORY BUT THAT APPARENTLY IS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE
THE
PICTURES DROPPED OUT PRIOR TO LOADING THE DVD. CAN ANYONE HELP?
--
GREG THOMAS 07 original post

Did you try Publishing the video to your computer's
hard drive to see what the final result would be?
Question by John Inzer

Let's try to deal with one problem at a time, does your "published"
movie have the right amount of pictures and sound??

Another question *GREG*, what flavor of Vista are you running? What
type of computer? Some brands come with a video program.
I had absolutely no trouble burning ( publishing) a slideshow to DVD
using Vista Home premuim. Also have you tried "photo story 3" ?

--
dbknox
Old August 25th 08, 04:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
I created a file in movie maker with transitions and music which is
17.5 mins. in duration. I followed the save procedure and saved it
to my computer as a DV-AVI (PAL) File (I also tried saving as a NTSC
file) in both cases the estimated save time was in excess of 5 hrs.
and still counting. What is going on?

==================================
Are the formats of the source files consistent
with the guidelines in the following articles:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 26th 08, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GREG THOMAS 07

Thanks for your reply, I too believe I am so close on this project. I have
saved the movie maker file to my hard drive in DV-AVI PAL format (which I
don't quite understand why it has to be saved to the hard drive before
burning my DVD) and it is saved as a windows media audio/video file which
plays fine in media player on my pc. When I preview the file in movie maker,
prior to saving, it is fine but once I am told to save it and bring the file
back in prior to burn, it is incomplete. I am using Vista Home Premium
operating system on a Lenovo pc which is a year old.
I have not tried photo story 3.
--
GREG THOMAS 07

Old August 26th 08, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_41_]

Thanks for your reply, I too believe I am so close on this project. I
have
saved the movie maker file to my hard drive in DV-AVI PAL format (which
don't quite understand why it has to be saved to the hard drive before
burning my DVD) and it is saved as a windows media audio/video file
which
plays fine in media player on my pc. When I preview the file in movie
maker,
prior to saving, it is fine but once I am told to save it and bring the
file
back in prior to burn, it is incomplete. I am using Vista Home Premium
operating system on a Lenovo pc which is a year old.
I have not tried photo story 3.
--
GREG THOMAS 07

The reason that John wanted you to "publish" your movie to hard drive
was twofold. First to see if the resulting movie had all your pictures
etc. and then have you recode them with DVDflick.
Why are you burning a video to *PAL* in North America we use *NTSC* (
or region 1).
What region is your burner set 1 or 2 ?

--
dbknox