Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!!

Old August 19th 08, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
2L8IWON

Default Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!!

Ok Ill start off by giving my specs of what I have then I will go into
my problems....

Asus Crosshair Motherboard BIOS 1103
AMD Athalon X2 4600+ @ 2.64GHZ
8 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 Ram
Primary OS HDD Seagate 500GB 7,200RPM,32MB Cache
(Primary Partitioned to 100GB OS ONLY, 400GB Programs Only)
RAID 5 Array, 5 500GB Seagate 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache - Array is 1.82TB
Two: BFG 7900GS 256MB DDR3 Video cards (not running SLI but four
monitors)
Monitors are Viewsonic 22" LCDs (four)
DVD Drive LG
Coolmaster CPU Fan, & Stock Fans
Case, Thermaltak Armor JR, plus 3.5" drive cooler

PROGRAMS:
Vista 64-bit OEM Business (legit version)
Office 2007 Small Office
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Adobe Lightroom 2.0
Adobe Acrobat 8
Sony Vegas Studios Pro
Pinacle Ultimate 12
Nikon Capture NX2
Quickbooks 2007

Microsoft Vista Experience lieometer is 5.2 out of 5.9
Microsoft User Access Control TURNED OFF!!!

(Antivirus Not installed Yet was before complete system wipe, Kapersky
Internet Security)

SOOOOO Now that the list is there, My equipment under XP Pro 64-bit RAN
Perfect!!, Running Vista 32-bit is fine. (But wont use the 8GB of RAM
and WAY to slow when working with RAW NEF format files or compiling
AVHCD formats)

Now the problem lays with installing any program with Vista 64-bit
takes anywhere from 45 min to an hour! Dreamweaver CS3 took just over an
hour!

Problem one, I can only do one thing at a time IF I TRY to do anything
more than one task at a time the computer slows down to a snails pace,
cpu utilizations shows one core is at 35% while the other core is 7%.
And Always if I try to click on a folder, program or any function it
says NOT RESPONDING. Gives me that wonderfull Microsoft message program
not responding would you like to close program or wait for it to
respond, I click the latter and wait. Sometimes 3-5 min other time 10-15
min.

Thats it, I cant do anything without MS throwing a coneption fit on me,
and telling me its not responding. Boot up takes anywhere from 7 to 10
min deppending on what it feels like doing and shut down is about the
same. XP Pro 64-bit less than two min either way.

Soooim confused whats the problem, Ive installed the Nvidia Drivers
from the Nvidia downloads for Vista 64-bit, same for the video, no
missing device drivers.

Everything works just painfully slow. Any help would be GREATLY
APPRECIATED!!!!

PS I ahve also tried to download all 93 Windows Vista Updates... Still
to NO surprise no change

--
2L8IWON
Old August 21st 08, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PvdG42

"2L8IWON" wrote in message

[...]

You probably have, but no mentioned...

Have you installed the full set of Vista 64 motherboard drivers after
installing the OS and before installing other software?

Old August 21st 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
2L8IWON

Yeah I have installed the Nvidia Drivers originally the newest 64 Bit
drivers, now I fianlly got fed up with the computer did a full wipe, re
and re Vista 64 I have only installed the Nvida Grapgics drivers this
time the ones that were shipped with the two cards, I have yet to
installed the Nvida Raid Drivers as I just finished the graphics.. All
in all now its working perfectly no windows updates as of this moment,
Photoshop CS3 installed in about 15-20 min and loads up in less than 5-8
seconds. Renders a raw nef 90mb file in less than 20seconds. Sooo Now im
terrified if I should install the Nvidia Raid controller from Microsoft,
or if I should use the current version or the one I originally had at
time of purchase.

But the computer is super fast as in Xp BUT Shutdown is Painfully slow
20 to 30 seconds vs XP 10 or 15. What is it doing that it takes so
bloddy long. Should I tweak anything?? I have tonns of ram and hdd space
and they are faily quick drive or is this just Vista 64???

Oddly though my "windows experience" rating is up to 5.2 vs 5.1...

More details about my computer
ComponentDetailsSubscoreBase scoreProcessorAMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4600+5.2* 5 . 2 * Determined by lowest subscoreMemory
(RAM)8.00 GB5.9GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 5.9Gaming graphics2287 MB
Total available graphics memory5.8Primary hard disk45GB Free (98GB
Total)5.9Windows Vista (TM) Business
System ManufacturerSystem manufacturer ModelSystem Product Name Total
amount of system memory8.00 GB RAM System type64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores2Storage Total size of hard disk(s)2329 GB
Disk partition (C45 GB Free (98 GB Total) Disk partition (D1431 GB
Free (1863 GB Total) Disk partition (I363 GB Free (368 GB Total) Media
drive (JCD/DVD Media drive (KCD/DVDCD/DVDGraphics Display adapter
typeNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS Total available graphics memory2287 MB
Dedicated graphics memory256 MB Dedicated system memory0 MB
Shared system memory2031 MB Display adapter driver version7.15.11.6375
Primary monitor resolution1680x1050 Secondary monitor
resolution1680x1050 Secondary monitor resolution1680x1050 Secondary
monitor resolution1680x1050 DirectX versionDirectX 9.0 or betterNetwork
Network AdapterNVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Network
AdapterNVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Network AdapterMicrosoft Tun
Miniport Adapter Network AdapterBluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)