Ics not working with ad hoc wireless network

Old August 26th 08, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
slagnman

Default Ics not working with ad hoc wireless network

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE!!!

I've experienced this with two different computers not, I'm trying to
share through a friends laptop to my mac. Each computer worked at first,
but then the internet sharing button disappears when you create the
network, it last for a few connections and then it's gone. You can still
connect to the network but no internet.

When I follow the help on how to turn ICS on it's already turned on on
the local area connection, but there is no sharing tab in the properties
of the wireless connection which is what I'm trying to turn on.

Where did that button go? Why was it there and now it's not?!?! This is
driving me insane. Will somebody please have something actually useful
to say instead of turn your ICS on, give me some kind of walk through,
from what I see there is no way to turn wireless internet sharing on
unless that option is there from the network in the beginning when you
create it. Where is the sharing tab in the wireless network
properties?!?!? Vista sucks.

Please help.

--
slagnman
Old September 7th 08, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
magicM

You have to share your broadband or the diaupnetwork in ICS. Right click you
ISP connection and properties and avdvance should have the ICS tab.

Old November 8th 09, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Ymanzkie

hi i just want to ask if you have solve this problem?

--
Ymanzkie
Old November 8th 09, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Ymanzkie

Old November 24th 09, 09:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
avelis26

Ok I think I've figured this out. With ICS, you have to have 2 network
connections so internet can come IN one connection and OUT the other. If
you have a wired and wireless connection, then ICS can only work 2
ways:

IN through the wired and OUT through the wireless
OR
IN through the wireless and OUT through the wired

If you don't have the sharing tab on your wired connection and that's
where you need it, its because you have ICS enabled on the wireless
connection.

SOLUTION
Disable ICS on ALLLLLL network connections then delete all wireless
networks and then recreate your Ad-Hoc network and you should be able to
enable ICS.

Other way you can do it is just disable ICS on all nics and then enable
it on the nic that is actually connected to the internet.

--
avelis26
avelis26's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157674.htm

http://forums.techarena.in