I can not find the FAX Program in Vista

Old February 18th 09, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Frog

Default I can not find the FAX Program in Vista

I seen that it was said that it dose not come with a fax, so why dose mine
say that it has one installed, and when go to properties says is working
right and enabled and ready? Am really comfussed now. It is listed in system
info as being there.
Vista really drives me nuts sometimes!

"Malke" wrote:

Frog wrote:

I have Visa Home Premium and mine has a fax modem, is PCI soft data fax
modem with smart CP. I just do not know how to get to it to open and use
it, can you let me know how to do that?

As has already been pointed out in this thread, Vista Home Premium doesn't
have a built-in fax feature. You need to use third-party fax software. Some
people have recommended Snappy Fax.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old February 18th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Randall Flagg

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:28:02 -0800, Frog
wrote:

I seen that it was said that it dose not come with a fax, so why dose mine
say that it has one installed, and when go to properties says is working
right and enabled and ready? Am really comfussed now. It is listed in system
info as being there.
Vista really drives me nuts sometimes!

You have a fax MODEM... that's not the same thing as a fax PROGRAM.

Old February 18th 09, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Frog

thank you now not so comfussed,,, only thing is cant get a program to be able
to fax from my computer due to the fact have cable and no dial up phone line.
Spent alot of time looking into being able to fax from home just to find out
wouldnt work, lol. but thanks for all you help

Old February 18th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Randall Flagg

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:49:03 -0800, Frog
wrote:

thank you now not so comfussed,,, only thing is cant get a program to be able
to fax from my computer due to the fact have cable and no dial up phone line.
Spent alot of time looking into being able to fax from home just to find out
wouldnt work, lol.

You do NOT belong at the keyboard.