x64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0 Blue Screen

Old October 12th 08, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
toasterdevil

Default x64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0 Blue Screen

I have received this several times. I have a new laptop, a Gateway t-6836
which is a decent and somewhat fast laptop. After it freezes up it says it
may be an ethernet networking problem. I updated by ethernet network drivers
and I have a very fast wired internet connection. The blue screen seems to
happen when I am using uTorrent but their forum says the software is just
forcing my system problems to the forefront. Anyone have any advice or help?
Old October 12th 08, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
toasterdevil

I see someone asked a similar question with the same error message a day or
two ago. My driver is the most current one, I checked the website but the
Rollback Driver button is grayed out so I can't revert to an old one. I am
still getting the blue screen.

Thanks

Old October 12th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Even if it is the most recent one does not mean it is not corrupted. Replace
the driver files with new copies from the manufacturer's site download (and
I mean the manufacturer of the ethernet adapter, not the machine
manufacturer).

Otherwise, as this is a new system, contact Gateway about having the machine
serviced under warranty. It may have faulty hardware.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old October 13th 08, 04:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
toasterdevil

Thanks. I'm in South Korea for a year so I'm hoping I can fix it without
having to deal with shipping my computer off but its looking like that will
be what I have to do.
Is it possible it really IS uTorrent causing the problem? Can software cause
this error? If I don't get it corrected is this something that will grow
worse eventually?
Thanks for everything

Old October 13th 08, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

First, try removing and reinstalling the driver files. If that fails, remove
the uTorrent software and see if the problem ceases. If so, then you have
your source.

Old October 15th 08, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Leo Da Lion

weyy that like my odd blue screen : X64_0x19_22_nt!PfpFlushBuffers+255,type 0

can any one explain??
Old December 8th 08, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Seoulite

Wow I have exactly the same problem on a gateway m series running 64bit
vista. I also live in Seoul. Couple things to add.
-Any torrent client will eventually crash it
-removing drivers and programs and reloading everything works for 2-3 days
then crashes it
-drivers are one hundred percent current as of last Saturday and taken off
the website

If you figure anything out please post it here.
Old December 30th 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tweegster

I got the same problem X64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0
I am running a gateway m6846 64bit, and I get the bluescreen when I run Vuze
torrent sharing. It is driving me crazy. Sometimes right away, sometimes
long enough to make me think its gonna work.
Old December 30th 08, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Tweegster wrote:

I got the same problem X64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0
I am running a gateway m6846 64bit, and I get the bluescreen when I run
Vuze
torrent sharing. It is driving me crazy. Sometimes right away, sometimes
long enough to make me think its gonna work.

I don't see the first part of this thread and since you didn't quote any of
the original problem, I can't address it. However, the file you mention
belongs to a network adapter (NIC) so I'd suggest you first try updating
your NIC drivers. See below for general drivers information. If that
doesn't help, if you have a desktop computer it's easy enough to throw in a
PCI NIC. NICs are very inexpensive, under $20, so this is an easy
troubleshooting step.

The First Law of Driver Updates is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Normally if everything is working you want to leave things as they are. The
exception is that heavy-duty gamers will usually want to update their video
and sound drivers to squeeze every last bit of performance out of the
hardware to get the fastest frame rates. If you're not one of those people,
you don't need to update your drivers if there are no problems you are
trying to solve.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

If you have installed drivers from Windows Update, you can roll them back:

Roll Back Troublesome Device Drivers in Windows Vista from the How-To Geek -
http://tinyurl.com/346lox

Malke
--
MS-MVP