Network disk access password not saved

Old October 19th 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guba

Default Network disk access password not saved

I'm experiencing a strange problem.
I have two Vista biz pcs, one is a laptop and the other is a desktop.
I have prchased a network RAID drive for backups and storage and I have
created 3 volumes over this drive.
The drive file system is unix based, with a nice http-like
administration interface: I have to say to be quite satisfied by this
unit, whilst is not so fast and performing it seems robust and it makes
honestly its job.
However it showned a strange acces problem since the beginning.
I created three network disks to access to the drive volumes within the
MyComputer window.

Well, one of these "disk" has a password protected access.
On the laptop there is no problem while on the desktop it is impossible
to save the access password.
Each time I reboot there is the need to repeat the access procedure and
notwithstanding there is the checkbox for a "save password" feature,
Vista doesn't save the password so I must reenter it any time I first
access to the disk.
Once it has been entered the work is ok, and Vista never asks again a
second time. This means that the "conversation" between Vista and the
drive is never lost.

I there anyone who have seen the same problem ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Guba

GUBA

Old October 20th 08, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jimmy Brush

Hello,

It sounds like you are using a home edition of Windows Vista on your
desktop, and a business/ultimate edition on your laptop.

Somewhere along the line, Microsoft decided remembering windows networking
passwords accross reboots was a business-only feature, so this isn't
available in the home editions.

- JB

Old October 20th 08, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guba[_2_]

No Jimmy,
unfortunately it is Vista Business on both computer.
Any other idea ?

--
Guba

GUBA

Old October 20th 08, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jimmy Brush

If you go to the following screen on your desktop:

- Click start
- Click control panel
- Click User Accounts and family safety
- Click user accounts
- Click Manage your network passwords (on the left)
- Click the add button

Is the option for "A Windows logon credential" greyed out? If not, try
adding your password here and see if it remembers it.

- JB

Old October 27th 08, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guba[_3_]

I DID IT.
IT WORKS NOW.
Thanks a lot!!!

Jimmy Brush;1053066 Wrote:
If you go to the following screen on your desktop:

- Click start
- Click control panel
- Click User Accounts and family safety
- Click user accounts
- Click Manage your network passwords (on the left)
- Click the add button

Is the option for "A Windows logon credential" greyed out? If not, try
adding your password here and see if it remembers it.

- JB

"Guba" wrote in message

Guba

GUBA

Old May 18th 09, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
kellendil

Hey. I'm having the same problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Business, and I've mapped a network drive
that requires a logon. The username and pass I use for the network drive
are diffrent from my windows logon.

I've tried having windows remember username and pass, but every time I
reboot I get the message "Can't reconnect to all network drives" or
something along that line.

I then have to open the drive, and manually type in the password. It
remembers the username.

I've tried pressing use a diffrent user and I've check the remember
password button.

This is a recurring problem on 8 diffrent computers, all running vista
business.
Any suggestions?

--
kellendil

Old May 19th 09, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guest

"kellendil" wrote in message

Hey. I'm having the same problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Business, and I've mapped a network drive
that requires a logon. The username and pass I use for the network drive
are diffrent from my windows logon.

I've tried having windows remember username and pass, but every time I
reboot I get the message "Can't reconnect to all network drives" or
something along that line.

I then have to open the drive, and manually type in the password. It
remembers the username.

I've tried pressing use a diffrent user and I've check the remember
password button.

This is a recurring problem on 8 diffrent computers, all running vista
business.
Any suggestions?

--
kellendil

In the Windows Mail program, the password usually isn't remembered
if you enter it and apply the checkmark saying to remember it in the
same session. This suggests that it would be worth checking for your
situation if it will remember both of them if they are applied in
separate sessions.

Robert Miles

Old May 20th 09, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Guba[_4_]

Just replicate the procedure that wased suggested to me by Jimmy Brush
on each of your computers.
It worked for me great.

kellendil;1257946 Wrote:
Hey. I'm having the same problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Business, and I've mapped a network drive
that requires a logon. The username and pass I use for the network drive
are diffrent from my windows logon.

--
Guba

GUBA