Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Automatic Update Error 80070424

Old January 18th 09, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
gran[_2_]

Default Automatic Update Error 80070424

Hello Shane,
Have read heaps on the forum this, was suggested and worked for me
Go to Network & Sharing Center in Control Panel once in here locate
where your connected at (linksys, netgear...etc) to the right it should
say view status click Properties it will prompt you to confirm
privilages push continue, while in Networking Tab locate Internet
Protocal Ver. 4 highlight and to the right click Properties set
preferred DNS to 4.2.2.2 and alternative DNS to 4.2.2.3 it solved my WU
problems
Good Luch Gran

--
gran
Old July 24th 09, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
alexr26

Guys,

I have read all your posts, but none of these helped.
I keep on getting this nasty 80070424 error.
Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
Please help.

Alex

--
alexr26
alexr26's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/117903.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 24th 09, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bill Daggett

alexr26 wrote:

Guys,

I have read all your posts, but none of these helped.
I keep on getting this nasty 80070424 error.
Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
Please help.

Alex

Start a new thread. With one exception, all the "Guys" posted last
November or earlier and are long gone.
Old December 27th 09, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
israelortiz267

This will help only if you are running a 32 bit operating System

Start Run regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

For a 64 bit operating system

From your description, I understand that Automatic Updates could not
install updates due to the error code 80070424. Windows Vista is 64bit.
If there has been any misunderstanding, please let me know.

This error can be caused the corrupted Windows Update services or
components. We can take the following steps to resolve this issue.

Step 1: Manually replace the corrupt Windows Modules Installer

==================================

1. Click "Start". In the search bar, type in "%windir%" (without the
quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Right click Servicing folder and click "Properties".

3. Click the "Security" tab.

4. Click "Advanced".

5. Click the "Owner" tab.

6. Click Edit.

7. Under "Change owner to", highlight the Administrator account. Click
on "Replace Owner on Subcontainers and objects". Click "OK".

8. Click "OK". You might receive an "Access Deny" error. Just go
ahead.

9. In the Security tab of Servicing folder properties, click "Edit".

10. Highlight Administrators and grant it "Full Control" permission.

11. Click "OK".

Step 2: Manually restore missing file

============================

1. Save the fix.zip file attached, to the Desktop.

2. Extract the two files. TrustedInstaller.exe and
TrustedInstaller.reg.

3. Copy the TrustedInstaller.exe file into C:\Windows\servicing
folder.

Step 3: Backup Registry

===================

1. Click "Start". Type REGEDIT in the Start Search bar and press Enter.

2. Select Computer (the root node) in the left pane, click Export under
the File menu, choose All under Export range, select Desktop in the Save
in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We
can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

After that, please refer to the following steps to import the register
key.

Step 4: Import TrustedInstaller.reg

===========================

1. Double click the TrustedInstaller.reg file in the fix.zip file.

2. Click Yes when you are prompted to import it. or execute it.

Let's now restart the computer and check if Windows Update works.

Sorry if I am late for this fix, thought it may help some one.

|Filename: fix.zip |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10523|

israelortiz267
israelortiz267's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167801.htm

Old December 29th 09, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dave Deninger

Thank you so much!After months of trying to fix the problem, your
procedure worked perfectly....

I can't thank you enough.... I just finally installed my final
update... again thank you.

--
Dave Deninger
Dave Deninger's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168763.htm

Old December 29th 09, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
israelortiz267[_2_]

Hello Dave Deninger,

I am so glad I can help you. I had resolve the issue for the 32 bit
operating system for a few of my customers and believe it or not the
only PC that I had to fix running 64 bit operating system was my own,
the one that I use to trouble shoot customers pcs on site so I had no
choice but to get to the bottom of this problem ASAP, so I figure I post
it for others to be able to resolve it as well. Thanks for keeping me up
to date on how it worked for you.

Old December 31st 09, 05:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
sunbulaj

I have windows vista 64 and simply registering the dll files did not work for
me. I was missing the “windows Modules installer”. I found this page and
followed the instructions under scenario III.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/25...0070424-a.html

Old April 16th 10, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
majolica

israelortiz267;4743616 Wrote:
This will help only if you are running a 32 bit operating System

Start Run regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

For a 64 bit operating system

From your description, I understand that Automatic Updates could not
[...]

Thank you very much. After 8 months with this problem both our Vista 64
bits computers (dutch) are up to date now! Majolica

--
majolica
majolica's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/209319.htm