Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Desktop blocking direction

Old December 8th 08, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Tim Walters

Default Desktop blocking direction

When I do a block on bthe desktop, it selects horizontally. How can I change
it to doing it vertically?

Thanks

Old December 9th 08, 10:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Tim Walters

"Tim Walters" wrote in message
When I do a block on bthe desktop, it selects horizontally. How can I
change
it to doing it vertically?

Thanks

Re-reading the above, I think it may not be clear what I'm saying. Suppose
you have 64 icons on the desktop. They've been added column by column. So
when blocking the top icon in the rightmost column to the bottom icon in the
same column, one would expect just the last column to be blocked. But Vista
selects by rows, so the block contains _all_ the icons.

Surely this option can be changed, because I think W2K worked more
logically.

Thanks.

Old December 9th 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Dave[_29_]

You're probably using the Shift key to select the icons.
Just click and drag a rectangle around the column, instead.
Works fine.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview