No browsing at all.

Old January 13th 09, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
bry25_uk

Default No browsing at all.

i have a laptop with vista on it and its running IE7, All was working fine
but now, i cant browse the internet in any way. I have firefox also but this
too cannot connect. My connection software and network connections BOTH show
that i am connected to the internet. Whether I go wireless or ethernet the
results are the same.
However, MSN messenger signs in fine. And i can browse the computer from my
other one on my network so i know that it is connecting to the router and the
internet too.
I have removed my antivirus and firewall and now disabled windows firewall
too, MSCONFIG and disabled all services , then startup files but still the
same.
BUT, if i start in safe mode with networking ,it works. I have done a system
restore too as well as an INTERNET EXPLORER RESET.
Any help will be very welcome.
thanks
Bryan

Old January 13th 09, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Flavius

May this help:

Run Command Prompt (cmd.exe) as a administrator and insert:

*netsh winsock reset *+restart

if no help you again run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and
insert:

*netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt *+restart

--
Flavius
Old January 13th 09, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
canefield junior T

it might be spyware hijacking your connection

I have seen this before

download spybot search and destroy and scan your system

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

(select one of the mirrors)

since you cannot download this from that machine, put it into a flash drive
and copy it to that computer...

if you run into problems updating (because it needs to be updated via the
internet) tell me

Old January 13th 09, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
bry25_uk

thanks guys, i have already ran a full virus/adware/spyware scan and all
clear.

RE flavius,thanks for that did both and neither worked. i cant even access
my router from the laptop.
Bryan

Old January 13th 09, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

canefield junior T wrote:

top-posting macro corrected

[...]

You are not checking if it is a DNS problem first???

The OP can check for that in a few seconds, so worth doing before doing all
that crap.

http://64.233.169.103

^^^ Does that link give you Google.com?

ss.