dvd-cdrom and code 39

Old February 2nd 09, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Addison Steele

Default dvd-cdrom and code 39

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:23:01 -0800, JoeCool
wrote:

Yes I am but I do not know how or why that happened!
What can I do to correct this matter.
Sooooo sorry for the mix-up!

I was right: change your moniker to JoeFool.

"Dave" wrote:

Are you JB?
If so, why did you change your name? It appears to everyone reading that JB
and Joe Cool are 2 different people..

Old February 2nd 09, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes[_2_]

No you are not. IP for JB and for you(J Cool) are a few thousand miles apart.One is
on a University Server and one (YOU) on a Web Interface) Now you are Troll on top of
a hijacker

--
Peter

"Dave" wrote:

Are you JB?
If so, why did you change your name? It appears to everyone reading that JB
and Joe Cool are 2 different people..

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"JoeCool" wrote in message
I have never met any people like you two in any forum .
What's the point of being rude and personally INSULTING?

I STARTED THIS THREAD ON 2/1/09(FOR WHATEVER YOU MEAN BY "hijacking") FOR
HELP NOT ABUSE !!!!!!
BUG-OFF.
Sincerely !

"Addison Steele" wrote:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:51:01 -0800, JoeCool
wrote:

What are you talking about..I mentioned my issue in the first statement.
previously researched it on my own and tried all the internet infomation
that
I could find and hoped for some more insights here in a forim
setting..highjack someone else's WHAT!?

You jump into a discussion of SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM with YOUR
problem, and you don't know what hijacking a thread is?

You're a moron.

Change your moniker to JoeFool.

Sorry to have bothered you. I guess I made the wrong decision coming
here
expecting help and understanding.
JBC

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Yes but the OP has Code 39 error. You just jumped in here. Start your
own post and
not hijack someone else's. We have no idea what your issue is exactly

--
Peter

"JoeCool" wrote in message
Been there , done that to no avail...no incidences of
upper/lowerfilters to
delete !!!!
As said in original what tried so far.
Thanks anyways.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Code 39
Peter

Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be
acknowledged.

"JB" wrote in message
all of a sudden my DVD-cd rom stopped working and in the device
manager there
is a
yellow exclamation mark. I have researched this online and have
tried
everything
from deleting/reinstalling to trying regedit and the upper and
lower filters
thing
which were nowhere to be found to installing another drive but
the same message
came up. I'm lost. I went to Dell forums, Microsoft help and
forums but all to
no
avail.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this mess and get
my DVD-cd
drive
back.

DellE510, Pentium/2.8Ghz,windows vista home basic,3 MB ram,
larger enough hard
drives

Philips DVD+RW DVD8801 ATA Device !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any direction!!!!

Old February 2nd 09, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim Moriarty[_2_]

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:54:07 -0500, "Peter Foldes"
wrote:

No you are not. IP for JB and for you(J Cool) are a few thousand miles apart.One is
on a University Server and one (YOU) on a Web Interface) Now you are Troll on top of
a hijacker

--
Peter

Can't use the IP in the headers of messages originating with MS web
interface when trying to locate someone or to identify a poster. Used
to be able to, but since last June or July the originating IP no
longer shows in the headers.

Old February 3rd 09, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim Moriarty[_2_]

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:33:04 -0500, "Peter Foldes"
wrote:

That same OP posted with an open IP a few months ago. That is where it came from

--
Peter

I did some checking of past posts... but apparently not as thoroughly
as you did.

.. .

Old February 4th 09, 12:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim Moriarty[_2_]

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:19:26 -0500, "Peter Foldes"
wrote:

Not here on the Vista newsgroups. It was Office

I use Google's Advanced Search - it catches all.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&