Good content blocker/site blocker for Vista workstation?

Old February 9th 09, 10:23 AM posted to comp.security.misc,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Leythos[_2_]

Default Good content blocker/site blocker for Vista workstation?

In article , says...
use
http://www.netnanny.com/products/netnanny and then set up a
whitelist. Do not allow user to modify netnanny or install/config other
software.

Thanks Dan, I believe that NetNanny is the direction to take this.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
(remove 999 for proper email address)
Old February 9th 09, 04:00 PM posted to comp.security.misc,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AriŠ

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 06:23:08 -0500, Leythos wrote:

If the company was able to put money into this project I would have
already completed the solution, but they have several issues and are
moving and etc.... They don't want to "Monitor" them, just block all
except approved sites.

Thanks for the discussion - I think that NetNanny may be the route to
take this one.

Considering your and their limitations, Net Nanny is about it. Install
and config it, then when they see the limitations, issues and potential
annoyances, be ready to give them a more professional solution.
--
Meet Ari! http://tr.im/1fa3
"To get concrete results, you have to be confrontational".
Old February 14th 09, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
cooldeal

Windows Vista has a domain blocker.......go into control panel and
parental control. theer you can set sites you want other account users
to visit or you can block sites you dont want them to visit. you can
also block file downloads

--
cooldeal
cooldeal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cooldeal.htm