Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

WHERE DO I GET A SERVER NAME AT

Old February 21st 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mari

Default WHERE DO I GET A SERVER NAME AT

I GET A MESAGE THAT THE HOST COULDN'T BE FOUND AND NEED TO VERIFTY THAT YOU
HAVE ENTERED THE SEVER NAME CORRECTLY
Old February 21st 09, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mari

IT ALSO SAYS PROTOCOL; POP3 PORT 110, SERVER SSL: SOCKET ERROR 11003, ERROR
#0X800CCC0D

Old February 21st 09, 07:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Sounds like you don't have the correct settings for your mail account.

Who provides your email service? Or to ask that question another way,
what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol?
Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
your email service provider.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Old February 21st 09, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
JC

i have the same problem..its cause i didnt put in my email address.. when i
was prompted to.. theye were not real clear as what to do.. this new mail
thing is alot like outlook exspress i think.. anyway im still trying to
figure out how to correct it... maybe those microsoft people who created this
could help..lol

Old February 21st 09, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave[_29_]

You setup Windows Mail EXACTLY like you did OE.

Tools - Accounts - youraccount - Properties

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old February 21st 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Why are you SHOUTING?!

PS: Ur spielchukker's broke two

PPS: Your English teacher is rolling over in her grave.

Old February 21st 09, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Patrick Keenan

"jc" wrote in message
i have the same problem..its cause i didnt put in my email address.. when i
was prompted to.. theye were not real clear as what to do.. this new mail
thing is alot like outlook exspress i think.. anyway im still trying to
figure out how to correct it... maybe those microsoft people who created
this
could help..lol

Yes, it's exactly like OE, and if you still have your OE system, just go to
it, and in OE use Tools, Accounts, Export. this will create an IAF file
that has your working OE settings. Take this to the Vista system, and use
Tools, Accounts, Import. You'll be done in moments.

HTH
-pk