Uninstalling AVG

Old February 24th 09, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Lisa[_5_]

Default Uninstalling AVG

I'm trying to install Kasperkey. I have uninstalled AVG however, I get a
message that AVG is installed and to remove it before I can proceed. I
search the PC for AVG and found one file left and removed. I got the same
message that AVG was still installed. I then went into safe mode and did an
entire search and location one more folder which was a toolbar and removed
that. I still get a message saying AVG is installed and to remove it. What
can I do?

Old February 24th 09, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mick Murphy

http://www.avg.com/download-tools

Above is link for AVG removal tools.
--
Mad Mike

Old February 24th 09, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Airbot

Lisa;976841 Wrote:
I'm trying to install Kasperkey. I have uninstalled AVG however, I get a
message that AVG is installed and to remove it before I can proceed. I
search the PC for AVG and found one file left and removed. I got the
same
message that AVG was still installed. I then went into safe mode and
did an
entire search and location one more folder which was a toolbar and
removed
that. I still get a message saying AVG is installed and to remove it.
What
can I do?

You could always re install AVG, and then use something like Revo
Uninstaller on Advanced mode and restart your computer to see if it will
get rid of it all for you..
'Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve
uninstall problems' (http://www.revouninstaller.com/)

--
Airbot

If someone helps you, please click their scales and give them rep.
And check out ::'SevenForums' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) too!

::
Old February 24th 09, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Don[_7_]

"Lisa" wrote in message
I'm trying to install Kasperkey. I have uninstalled AVG however, I get a
message that AVG is installed and to remove it before I can proceed. I
search the PC for AVG and found one file left and removed. I got the same
message that AVG was still installed. I then went into safe mode and did
an entire search and location one more folder which was a toolbar and
removed that. I still get a message saying AVG is installed and to remove
it. What can I do?

Not too long ago I uninstalled AVG and went with Avast.

How did you uninstall AVG?
I believe their website mentions the best way is to download the latest
version, run the executable, it will recognize you have a version already
installed and give you the chance to uninstall - you then uninstall and
reboot when finished.

I did it this way and did not have any issue.

Hope this helps,

--
Don

Old February 24th 09, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

"Don" wrote in message

"Lisa" wrote in message
I'm trying to install Kasperkey. I have uninstalled AVG however, I get a
message that AVG is installed and to remove it before I can proceed. I
search the PC for AVG and found one file left and removed. I got the same
message that AVG was still installed. I then went into safe mode and did
an entire search and location one more folder which was a toolbar and
removed that. I still get a message saying AVG is installed and to remove
it. What can I do?

Not too long ago I uninstalled AVG and went with Avast.

How did you uninstall AVG?
I believe their website mentions the best way is to download the latest
version, run the executable, it will recognize you have a version already
installed and give you the chance to uninstall - you then uninstall and
reboot when finished.

I did it this way and did not have any issue.

It is easier to just do it and then get someone here to fix it; that way it
is unnecessary to read instructions.

Old February 25th 09, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Jack the Ripper[_4_]

Lisa wrote:
I'm trying to install Kasperkey. I have uninstalled AVG however, I get a
message that AVG is installed and to remove it before I can proceed. I
search the PC for AVG and found one file left and removed. I got the
same message that AVG was still installed. I then went into safe mode
and did an entire search and location one more folder which was a
toolbar and removed that. I still get a message saying AVG is installed
and to remove it. What can I do?

You most likely have registry entires still left. You should use the AVG
remover.

http://www.avg.com/download-tools