Folder Display

Old March 22nd 09, 12:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
PT[_2_]

Default Folder Display

Vista 64 bit Ultimate - Brand new user

In Windows Explorer on XP Home, when a folder contains any sub-folders, the
Explorer display includes a clickable box containing a plus sign, as a
notice that there are at least one sub-folder.

I don't see this in my new Vista display. Is this a view option to turn on?
--

PT

Old March 22nd 09, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave T.[_2_]

PT wrote:
Vista 64 bit Ultimate - Brand new user

In Windows Explorer on XP Home, when a folder contains any sub-folders, the
Explorer display includes a clickable box containing a plus sign, as a
notice that there are at least one sub-folder.

I don't see this in my new Vista display. Is this a view option to turn on?

Yes, but not with + symbols. Click "Organize", click "layout", highlight
"navigation pane". The 2 panes now will function almost like 2 different
windows and when you mouse over a folder in the left pane (navigation)
you will get an arrowhead next to the folders that have sub-folders. You
won't see this in the right window. As the name implies, do your
navigation in the left pane, and files will be listed in the right.

--
Dave T.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of
mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region
and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998