Temporary Profile

Old May 28th 09, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Rod

Default Temporary Profile

Hi

I run a Vista Home Premium PC. It is up to date as far as patches/updates go.

It ran like a dream until a few days ago, when for some reason, on logging
in (Using my only User account - Rod - and my usual Password) it
"successfully" logged me onto my PC using a Tempoary Profile only. It runs
through the whole "Preparing your Desktop" routine.

Now, I have done some research and all I can find is to go to Regedit, drill
down into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWS NTCURRENT
VERSIONPROFILE LIST and find the SID profile under S-1-5....and delete it.

When I get to that key in Regedit, I find 4 separate folders.

S-1-5-18
S-1-5-19
S-1-5-20

I read to find the profile with SID markers (?) - found in...18 and
21...none with .bak extensions though - and to delete it.

WHAT do I delete if there is no .bak or temporary profile? I hope I am clear
enough...

I am really stuck on this. ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Kind regards
Rod
Perth