Sounds Simple but very important; Trouble saving a webpage with images Offline.

Old August 12th 09, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
GeekGal

Default Sounds Simple but very important; Trouble saving a webpage with images Offline.

Good Morning. I have trouble saving some important images that I need to
save, along with the webpage these images are on from a website.
These images are uploaded onto the webpage by a separate source.
I have saved these web pages displaying these images in two ways 1)
simply saving them in by pressing "save" and then saving them "webpage
complete" and a I also save them “web archive” as an added precaution.
Then I also saved them 2)via Win H Track (an offline browser that saves
complete WebPages) which saved the pages I wanted and the pictures
along with them. For the longest time I was able to open the Wintrack
offline and the pages would open perfectly.
The other day I opened the Wintrack and the pictures were no longer
available offline.

Also the WebPages I saved via "webpage complete n webpage archive"
while many of them used to open up while I was offline with no problem,
now they too are unavailable offline.
These images do require active X and I do have that activated. It
usually asks me if I want to allow the images. Once I saved the WebPages
with the images for offline use many of them opened up with no problem
and no request from active X.
Other pages I attempted to save even though I saved them the exact
way would only show the images once I connected back onto the internet,
I don’t understand, if I am mirroring this webpage shouldn’t it make a
complete copy of the webpage images and always be available offline or
not?

I do not have any new firewalls or blocks and java and active x are
enabled.

These images are the object of an important case I need to present.
I have invested hundreds of dollars in USB's to store this data and
without the images appearing offline it will not help me.

The website is since unavailable so I am relying on the pages I have
saved as my evidence.I do have all my copies and the pictures do load
fine after I connect again.

What I need to do is securely save these copies of these webpages and
images offline.
It seems I save them fine for a while and then something happens to my
files.

Also why would my Wintrack saved pages be acting funny too. For three
years
they were saved n opened up properly always displaying the pictures
properly offline.
Now with this offline browser I also need to connect to have the images
appear.
This is very unnerving.

I am currently re-downloading adobe flash player 10 .
I am not sure if flash has anything to do with this problem.

Thank you so much and wishing everyone an enjoyable day.
GeekGal

--
GeekGal
Old August 12th 09, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jeff Richards

You haven't mentioned what browser you are using to access these pages, but
I would recommend looking at the location where these pages are saved (for
all types of saves) and searching for the images and opening the images in
an image viewing program, rather than trying to open the saved web pages in
a browser. If the images have been saved as part of the web page, you can
look at these images quite separately from having to open the web page.
Then copy the image to a new location.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)