Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   can't send emails (http://www.vistabanter.com/170114-cant-send-emails.html)

Kelly September 2nd 09 06:20 PM

can't send emails

I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send. someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.1.1 relaying not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen September 2nd 09 08:16 PM

can't send emails

The key part of the error message is "relaying not allowed."
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection coming
from Cox?

Try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. Click OK.
Now try sending.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

Sam Hobbs[_2_] September 2nd 09 09:52 PM

can't send emails

See:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...9%20relay&ac=8

There are a few results there, but they seem to all be for Outlook and
Exchange Server and such. It might actually be a problem with the server,
but that is only a guess based on the results from above.

Sinner September 3rd 09 01:19 PM

can't send emails

"jody jensen" wrote in message
has anyone figured out how to send emails with windows mail ?

Nope. Like you, we're all to stupid to have a computer.

Dave[_29_] September 3rd 09 01:48 PM

can't send emails

Yes.

--
Windows 7 RC
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Kelly" wrote in message
I can not send outgoing mail in windows mail. I called my internet company
and they cant figure it out either. I can receive, but i can't send.
someone
please help.. this is the error message i get....

"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining

Gary VanderMolen September 3rd 09 09:45 PM

can't send emails

Nope. No one has figured it out. How could Microsoft release a mail
program that won't send???
Seriously, if you need help, right-click on your error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Don Ameche[_2_] January 3rd 10 09:33 PM

can't send emails

"Don Ameche" wrote:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) January 3rd 10 10:55 PM

can't send emails

Port 25 is not recommended for that mail server. Change it to port 465
with SSL. The correct settings are documented he
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen