local area 2 connection - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Old November 22nd 09, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
naldymay

Default local area 2 connection - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Did a PC Factory Restore on Dell Inspiron 530 running Home Premium Vista 32 Bit
due to file corruption issues. No connectivity problems

- In middle of Dell PC Factory restore the home lost Comcast Internet
Service due to "line interference" - according to Comcast. This then casued
problems with completion of factory restore on the computer due to
connectivity problems and having to validate the system and service tag
information.

- Was unable to connect to internet after completion of factory restore
until Comcast did some "pinging"? I actually had to validate window system
thru windows phone validation center and enter digits into computer that were
given over the phone in order to complete factory restore loading. This was
prior to Comcast resolving the connectivity to Motorola modem issue. In
addition a comcast tech was at our home for over 3 hrs to fix severe line
interference issues. No loss of comcast internet thru modem since then.

- Motorola Comcast Modem is connect to Netgear router which allows internet
connection to two seperate computer systems in the home. Netgear not used as
wireless tool. Two individual cables run from Netgear router to the
computers. The one computer is not affected, does not lose internet
connection. Just the one the factory restore was done on. I am now in process
of trying to update system thru Microsoft Automatic Updating.

- Have tried updating three times, things go well, then somewhere in the
middle of the updates I lose my local area network during an update
installation or during an update shutdown/restart. I either get a
disabled notification upon restart and if I try to enable local area network
2 it disappears completly from my machine or upon restart a connection
doesn't show up at all. No internet connecticvity lights working on back of
computer one time. I can't tell if I am losing the internet connection
because of updates or because of something that may have occured during the
combined PC Restore and loss of internet connections.

-Now that I again have the Local area connection back I am afraid to start
the updates again, because honestly I am not sure how the Local area network
2 shows up again after a day or so and am afraid I will lose connection
permantly. I pulled the power plug to the computer and plugged computer
back in after 10 to 20 seconds this last time and the Connection lights and
connection came back. Not sure at this point what the left or right hand
should do.... What can I do to ensure Local Area Connection 2 stays and I
stop losing my internet connection and hopefully complete updates.

- Should i go ahead and try updates again and pray my connection stays, or
is there something I need to do to ensure the local area 2 network connection
reamins in the system
Old November 22nd 09, 07:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Bob

Try this: Sign up for Netzero free dial-up and use it for the updates.
http://www.netzero.net/

If successful return to using Comcast.