Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13th 10, 10:10 PM
geo jr. geo jr. is offline
Junior Member

Default Frequent Loss of Internet, Wired + Wireless

hi,
here's my problem, and i don't think it's unique, as i've been researching it for a year and a half since i got my vista laptop (Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP2). i lose internet connection. sometimes often, sometimes not, but eventually do. wired or wireless. anywhere, not just my home. i travel extensively, and i'm on wifi and ethernet in hotels all over the country. it's always the same. everything else works fine. and the ONLY way to remedy is to restart. sent it back to HP twice. they replaced networking cards, etc., but no difference. i've tried anything and everything i've seen in forums. it's not sleep related, as it happens in the middle of corresponding via email, or just web surfing. i've done complete system restores, updated drivers, changed every setting imaginable and suggested. SP1, SP2, doesn't matter. two desktops here at home, one XP, one also Vista Home Premium
32bit with SP2, and they always stay connected to the same network. in my laptop, i have used IE 7+8, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, all to the same end. i use yahoo mail and google mail via my browser, but recently installed Mozilla Thunderbird to use gmail with a desktop client. i now see that even if i can't get online via browsers, Thunderbird still is able to send and receive email so that baffles me. unless i hear something different, i think my only hope is Windows 7. don't think i can install XP on this HP laptop. and i definitely don't want a mac. i love this laptop but just want it so stay connected. HELP!!
thanx in advance for any and all help,
george
HP G60 Notebook PC
AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-70 2.00 GHz