Can't Update or Install/Uninstall Silverlight

Old February 20th 10, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default Can't Update or Install/Uninstall Silverlight

Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the
updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature
you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What
should I do?
Old February 21st 10, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Peter Foldes

Download it manually from Microsoft Downloads and install
http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight...all.aspx?v=2.0
--
Peter

Old February 22nd 10, 12:53 AM
Joanna B. Joanna B. is offline
Junior Member

Post

Ok, here is what to do Step by Step,

1. Click “Start”
2. Go to “Settings” – Go to “Control Panel” if you have Windows Vista
3. Click “Control Panel”
4. Click (Add or Remove Programs) if you have Windows XP
OR
Click (Programs and Features) if you have Windows Vista (Wait for the list to load, may take a
while)
5. Now in the list look for “Microsoft Silverlight” to that then Click on it
6. Click “Remove”, “Uninstall” (whichever it says)
7. Then a window should pop up; just follow the instructions to remove it from you there...
8.... There you have it!

If that fails for whatever reason mainly due to a corrupt file(s) or extension(s) you can try Microsoft support page here at

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems

Or a third party uninstaller which will definitely remove it for you...Here’s a link to one of many download sites

Uninstall Silverlight. Remove Silverlight Completely From Your PC or Laptop. How To Uninstall Silverlight the Easy Way.

Cheers,
Joanna
Old February 22nd 10, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ǝиçεl

How to manually clean up a bŃŹoken installation

Have you seen:

http://blogs.msdn.com/rpomeroy/archive/2008/06/10/how-to-manually-clean-up-a-bad-silverlight-installation.aspx

-=-

.

Old February 24th 10, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Genevieve[_2_]

On Feb 21, 11:58*am, wrote:
[...]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175#top

Try that and see how you go if not for whatever reason and you still
cannot uninstall Microsoft Silverlight you may have to look for a
third party uninstaller like “Revo” or “Perfect Uninstaller”.

Here’s the link for “Revo” it’s Free as far as I know…
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

and here’s the other link for “Perfect Uninstaller” this is not Free
though and it could cost you between $30-$40 This guy did a bit of
write up about some of the problems with Silverlight and placed some
images and links to the software download etc...

www.squidoo.com/uninstallsilverlight

Cheers and good luck with it,

Genevieve
Old February 24th 10, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Genevieve[_2_]

extension(s) you can try Microsoft support page here athttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175#top

[...]

http://www.squidoo.com/uninstallsilverlight

Cheers and good luck,