Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

links do not work

Old March 4th 10, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jean

Default links do not work

I recently switched to Verizon after being with Comcast for a zillion years
and now when I click on a link in my email it does not work unless I am
already on the internet. This is annoying and hopefully it can be fixed.
Verizon does not supply much help on the website and so far I don't like
their email and would rather continue using Windows Mail if I can fix this.
It probably happened when I had to install McAffee again since that is
Verizon's security program. Appreciate any help you can provide.
Old March 4th 10, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
slk759

Not sure what you mean when you say, "unless I am already on the internet"?
You have to connected to the internet to open links there - did you mean you
actually have to open the IE application (or whatever browser you use)?
Hopefully your modem lights are indicating you have an internet connection
at all times (DSL or FIOS).

Just because Verizon promotes McAfee does not mean you have to use it - you
can uninstall it at anytime and could have opted out of that when you
contracted with Verizon. But since you have it, you might want to check all
of the settings in the program to ensure nothing in there is blocking your
I-net access. It is also famous for interfering with email in general and
you may develop issues as time passes - intermittently, so they can be
annoying and difficult to diagnose.

Old March 4th 10, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
"Set your default programs."
After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Internet
Explorer". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green arrow.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com