BEWARE OF AT&T!

Old March 29th 10, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,misc.consumers
Greg Russell[_2_]

Default BEWARE OF AT&T!

In ,
Whistleblower typed:

I should have seen the writing on the wall and dropped
AT&T back then!

.... yet you still pay them and have to whine incessantly about it?

Old March 30th 10, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,misc.consumers
Chuck[_2_]

In my area, Southern Bell Wireless became Cingular and then AT&T. I started
with analog cell phones on S. Bell in the 90's.
As time went on under the Cingular name, I was coerced into changing to GAIT
phones. (Lower price, interoperability, more features, etc)
Within a year, Cingular started killing the interoperability, and disabled
roaming. Additional costs were imposed for roaming, and analog
service was eventually "locked out" More time passed. I had grandfathered
tethering, since my original analog phones had a similar feature.
In addition, the GAIT phones had internet capability and web browsing.
Again, what is now AT&T decided to screwup the capabilities of my phones.
Every update defaulted the phones to no tethering, no internet, no text
(Incorrect network phone profile information, etc.) So, I ended up paying
for services that I was not getting, and demanding a perodic refund, which I
mostly got.
Finally, in desperation, I had no choice but to change to T Mobile. (No
contract, "unlimited usage" free long distance (US), unlimited text,
unlimited internet, unlimited data.)
I own the phones, which were not purchased from T Mobile or AT&T, although T
Mobile and AT&T both support the model.

So, I do not really care for AT&T either!