Can't delete fonts

Old June 29th 07, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
TedMi

Default Can't delete fonts

I want to delete some of the 609 fonts that were installed with Windows
Vista. After wading through file ownerhsip issues, I staill can't get rid of
some of them - I get a message that the file is open in another program. This
happens even for non-Latin fonts which I KNOW are not being used by any part
of the UI. Any way around this?

Thanks.
--
TedMi
Old June 29th 07, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
anandk

They could quite possible be the protected default system fonts !

Just be careful which ones's u end up deleting, else ur system could become
unbootable.
--
www.WinVistaClub.com
Microsoft MVP 2007 Awardee.

Old June 30th 07, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
TedMi

Some of these undeletable fonts are novelty fonts (eg. Chiller, Ravie) that
are surely not system default. Others I want to replace with my own versions
which support many more character sets than the ones provided with the o/s.
Any work arounds?
--
TedMi

Old September 24th 07, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
geepers

I have the same problem but a good answer was posted by Pedrocadiz on
6/26/2006 'Re File that will not delete'. Alas, it has the answers but not
the solution!! Windows/Fonts folder is always in use and therefore you can't
delete individual fonts within it (I'd like to too having today naively
copied some monster ttc files from a freebie CD) no option but to live with
the larger Fonts folder . . .

Old March 6th 08, 10:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Vayavaya

i had the same problem but none of these tips was working
i saw a post in this forums and for me it worked!
but i had to change the owner in c and also the owner of the font in
the properties pannel of the font file.
a bit annoying doing it for everyone but... it works!

'Vista Permissions and trusted installer! - MSFN Forums'
(http://tinyurl.com/2z65ss)

i don't know, i wrote above this url adress of the forum where i found
it but it is not appearing in the post when i save it

so it was in the page 'MSFN - Where People Go To Know'
(http://www.msfn.org) board vista permision trusted installer

--
Vayavaya

Old March 30th 10, 10:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
js46335[_2_]

' AMV Converter' (http://www.amv-converter.net/) is an easy to use video
to AMV converter and video to MTV converter software that help you
convert any video to AMV or MTV file with excellent video and audio
quality.
' AMV Video Converter'
(http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-video-converter.html) was developed
for helping you to convert the video to AMV file format which can be
played by some MP3 or MP4 Players. Support .amv and .mtv format. The AMV
files converter also support you convert AMV videos to other video
format.
' AMV Media Converter'
(http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-media-converter.html) and ' AMV Movie
Converter' (http://www.amv-converter.net/amv-movie-converter.html) are
both perfect AMV Converter for everyone to have a try.

--
js46335