Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

message i am receiving...Per Freaking out

Old June 10th 10, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jultott

Default message i am receiving...Per Freaking out

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Here are two places you
should talk to for counseling. AD', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Old June 10th 10, 02:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sara Price

I'm having the same problem. Almost exactly the same error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' PTLLS', Account:
'Healing Spaces (Sara)', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Old June 10th 10, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Your problem is quite different.
I'm not that familiar with UK businesses, but it looks like 123-reg.co.uk
is a domain registrar and web host, not an ISP. As such, your home ISP will
block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/P..._Blocking.aspx

To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server. If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Old June 10th 10, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave[_29_]

Try changing the Outgoing (SMTP) port from 25 to 587
Tools - Accounts - youraccount - Properties - Advanced

POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example
Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

Old June 10th 10, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sara Price

Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply and your help.

I've had these accounts set up for a while and everything was working fine
until recently.

I was working from home - using sky broadband - but recently moved to my
sisters (broken ankle...can't climb stairs...long story!) where i am having
to use a 3 dongle to access internet. this seems to be when the trouble
started. does that help?

Thanks again and sorry if I'm being daft - my technical understanding is
somewhat limited!
Sara

Old June 10th 10, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Sara Price" wrote in message
Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply and your help.

I've had these accounts set up for a while and everything was working fine
until recently.

I was working from home - using sky broadband - but recently moved to my
sisters (broken ankle...can't climb stairs...long story!) where i am
having
to use a 3 dongle to access internet. this seems to be when the trouble
started. does that help?

Thanks again and sorry if I'm being daft - my technical understanding is
somewhat limited!
Sara

Go to your account, Tools menuaccountsselect your accountproperties
buttonserver tab.
Write down exactly what is in the SMTP server name line, save it somewhere.
Now change the SMTP server name to:

smtp-mbb.three.co.uk

applyOK.

Try sending mail, please post any error message that you now get.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Old June 10th 10, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

@Sara: In addition to what Mac suggested:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Uncheck the "My server requires authentication" option.
This is necessary because otherwise Windows Mail will try to
authenticate to the Three server with the 123-reg.co.uk credentials.
That won't work. If you get a new error message, post it here please.