Vista connection problems

Old August 26th 10, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Dan Fenton

Default Vista connection problems

I don't want to over-simplify things, but I was having same problem with daughters Vista laptop while wife was surfing fine with Vista and I was surfing fine with Windows 7. I unplugged router and cable modem for 10 seconds then plugged them back in and the problem went away. Daughter is now surfing fine.

On Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:50 AM KNieze wrote:

Somehow or another my TCP/IP has gotten corrupted. So how do I delete and
reinstall? Highlighting the protocols in the properties box then grays out
the uninstall button. Any ideas other than a system restore? I have tested
my computer in both a wireless and wired environment and it doesn???t work in
either one. I cannot ping my local router, I get an error code of 1231, nor
can I see or be seen on the network. I have an USRobotics 8054 router at
home, I went to a hotspot with a linksys router, and I went to my school
where they have both a linksys wireless and a wired LAN. I worked with the
system admin at school and we could not get the computer to connect to
anything. We tried automatically getting an IP address and we tried a static
IP address.

On Saturday, May 05, 2007 12:25 PM KNieze wrote:

Ooops, I forgot to say that I am running Vista Ultimate.

On Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:20 PM Joe Guidera wrote:

Open an elevated command prompt

Once at the command prompt, type: netsh int ip reset iplog.txt.

The last part of the command: "iplog.txt," is the filename of the logged
results of the command if you want to view it. The name can be altered as
you wish.

Joe

"KNiezer" wrote in message

On Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:43 AM KNieze wrote:

Elevated command prompt? How is that different from a regular command prompt?

"Joe Guidera" wrote:

On Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:51 PM Joe Guidera wrote:

You want to run the command prompt as an administrator. You can use
start/accessories, locate command prompt, RIGHT click and choose "Run as
administrator"

Joe

On Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:26 PM KNieze wrote:

OK, doing that I get the response of:

Reseting Echo Request, failed,
Access is denied.

Reseting Global, OK!
Reseting Interface, OK!
A reboot is required to complete this action.

and I still have no access to my router. When I attempt to ping it I get
the response of:

PING: transmit failed, error code 1231

for each ping

"Joe Guidera" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:48 AM Joe Guidera wrote:

Ok, try removing the network card from within device manager and rebooting.
It should re-detect the card and re-perform all of the bindings.

On Friday, June 29, 2007 4:46 PM Gloo wrote:

Hey Joe, I'm having a similiar problem with my Vista Ultimate as well.

I recently switched from directly being plugged into my modem, to a
router-system at home for my computer.
I get the "Unidentified Network" in the Networks section, and I can't ping
my own IP or Default gate way, as it gives me a "PING: transmit failed, error
code 1231." message.

Currently, all my settings in the IPv4 protocol are set to auto, and setting
them manually makes no difference, except that it gives me error 1232 instead
of 1231...
I have 4 other computer at home running XP and all of them can connect fine.
Also, it's worth mentioning that Vista detects the network as "Network #",
and if I type in 'ipconfig' in command prompt at that exact moment, I get my
IP and default gateway, but then, very quickly, Vista changes the "Network #"
to "Unidentified Nework" and loses all the ipconfig numbers.
"Joe Guidera" wrote:

On Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:02 PM Jake Akin wrote:

I am having a very similar problem as KNieze where my properties and uninstall options are not available from my network card properties. When I uninstall the wireless or ethernet card from the Device Manager the drivers do not install properly and I have to do a Restore to get back to where I was. I have 2 of the exact same laptops (Dell Inspiron E1705/9400's) so I can check them against each other when I experience problems.

I have gone through every step I know of, have searched Google and support forums, have spent hours on Dell's chat with their support team, and nothing has helped.

Please let me know if there's any way to uninstal/reinstall/repair the TCP/IP in Vista since I know the issue I am having is directly related to the TCP/IP stack or the files that run this service are corrupted (or something similar to this). I remember repairing this in XP by removing the registry entries and it would rebuild them upon reboot.

I have tried the netsh command for both tcp/ip and for winsock with no positive result.

Any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated. I would even be willing to pay for assistance if someone can give me the instructions for how to get my machine back up and working 100%.

Thanks!!!

On Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:46 PM Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) wrote:

You may have 3 methods to remove and re-install the TCP/IP on Vista. This
how to may give you more details.

How to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP on Vista
http://www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com

"Jake Akin" wrote in message ...

On Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:32 PM RDGreen88 wrote:

Please help I still have this problem... its wierd, I'm connected right
now through my samsung blackjack which is slow... This problem is not
only the internet... When i try to do a "Windows Mobile Sync" it doesn't
even initiate.. It sends many packets but recieves absolutely 0... When
i plug it to any other Laptop it works fine! When I plug my LAN Cable
into any other comptuer Internet works fine! I've done every fix on
google... netsh, winsock, reinstall drivers, all that... i do get the
"Echo Request Failed", but i just cannot manage to get internet access
nor receive any packets via LAN... Wireless works fine in some cases...
Is there ANY OTHER solutions than reinstalling vista? Please help!

--
RDGreen88
RDGreen88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rdgreen88.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

On Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:35 PM Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) wrote:

It could be 3rd party software. For the troubleshooting, you may start the
OS with clean boot.

Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot ? How to Run Windows Safe Mode
with Networking ? How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
Start ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"RDGreen88" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:55 PM veer wrote:

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

WPF Control?s Default Style or Template by Extending the WPF Designer in Visual Studio 2010
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...udio-2010.aspx