Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

PC Goes Of For No Obvious Reason And Then..

Old August 16th 10, 11:50 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
El.PLates

Default PC Goes Of For No Obvious Reason And Then..

I have Vista Home Premium which inadvertently switches itself off and I
have to go through about 7 or 8 manual boots under 'choose repair option'
which repairs a little, switches off, I reboot, it repairs a little further,
switches off and so on until I get to 'will start up at a point.
Any ideas as to why this maybe ? The PC has Norton 360 on it...
TIA

Old August 16th 10, 02:20 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
§ñühw¤£f[_2_]

El.Plates wrote:
I have Vista Home Premium which inadvertently switches itself off and I
have to go through about 7 or 8 manual boots under 'choose repair
option' which repairs a little, switches off, I reboot, it repairs a
little further, switches off and so on until I get to 'will start up at
a point.
Any ideas as to why this maybe ? The PC has Norton 360 on it...
TIA

Hardware. Take it to a shop unless yuo likey opening up the case and
messing about with the componentses, roundeyes.

Old August 16th 10, 02:38 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Agnasty Shagnasty

It is a hardware problem. Once fixed, get rid of that crappy Norton. Use
AVG or AVAST on your system. They're free.

Old August 16th 10, 03:11 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bucky Breeder

El.Plates via
:

I have Vista Home Premium which inadvertently switches itself off and I
have to go through about 7 or 8 manual boots under 'choose repair
option' which repairs a little, switches off, I reboot, it repairs a
little further, switches off and so on until I get to 'will start up at
a point. Any ideas as to why this maybe ? The PC has Norton 360 on it...
TIA

I'd take the Norton 360 off initially...
Probably by a fresh install of your OS,
and just start all over.

Back up all your valuable data to a CD,
data partition, or external source first.

Then try it for awhile.

Is it a laptop? Could be a heat issue,
but that wouldn't need "repairs" to the OS.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this transmission
was generated using a near-zero carbon footprint!

http://www.theyost.com/images/viral/zero_carbon.gif

Old August 16th 10, 08:35 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
chuckcar

Bucky Breeder t.out
wrote in :

El.Plates via
:

I have Vista Home Premium which inadvertently switches itself off and
I have to go through about 7 or 8 manual boots under 'choose repair
option' which repairs a little, switches off, I reboot, it repairs a
little further, switches off and so on until I get to 'will start up
at a point. Any ideas as to why this maybe ? The PC has Norton 360 on
it... TIA

I'd take the Norton 360 off initially...
Probably by a fresh install of your OS,
and just start all over.

Back up all your valuable data to a CD,
data partition, or external source first.

Then try it for awhile.

Is it a laptop? Could be a heat issue,
but that wouldn't need "repairs" to the OS.

That last is the direct result of the hard shutdowns the computer itself
is doing.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old August 17th 10, 12:00 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Gregg Fowler[_3_]

Agnasty Shagnasty wrote:

It is a hardware problem. Once fixed, get rid of that crappy Norton. Use
AVG or AVAST on your system. They're free.

I always used AVG, Avast, and lastly Micorosoft Security Essentials. McAfee
and Norton were always horrible expensive resource hogs. I use Comcast
however and they have free Norton now. I just tried it experimentally and it
is a whole different animal than it once was. I love it. It does a whole lot
and is very light on resources. I really didn't expect to use in more than a
couple of days, but have had it for a few months now and it has had great
detection and has never bogged things down. Course right now I happen to be
on my Linux partition and am using no AV, but that's beside the point.

Gregg