Old April 4th 07, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

Default MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate

"Charles W Davis" wrote in message
I have now jumped through all the currently known hurdles in about 10 days,
except this one.

I cannot find an updated driver for the subject device. All functions work
except the 4th of 4 buttons. There is nothing to allow me to set the
"programmable" functions. Think about this, I bought the thing because the
then new Windows XP did not support my Logitech trackball. After all of
these years, I don't want to learn a new one. I can't even find one on the
MS Web site for sale.

Any ideas?

Have you installed the Intellipoint software for your trackball? I have the
Trackball Optical and all the functions work with the latest software. You
can get it he
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
HTH,
Bob